Windows 10: Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Discus and support Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Virgilio Macuana Jr., Sep 28, 2022.

1. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how to solve the issue and how we get the file on the disk if the recovery is not working?

:)

Virgilio Macuana Jr., Sep 28, 2022

2. Bitlocker recovery key

We don't work for Microsoft and that information is nothing to do with us.

See if this assists you:

"BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions"

Where to look for your BitLocker recovery key

"Find my BitLocker recovery key"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b-aa71c00ea55e/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

"How to Unlock a Drive using BitLocker Recovery in Windows 8 and 8.1"

BitLocker Recovery - Unlock a Drive in Windows 8

Cheers..

Bill Smithers, Sep 28, 2022
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Bill Smithers, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

1. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key - Similar Threads - BitLocker Recovery Key

2. Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk: I was encrypting a secondary os, w11, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the...
  3. Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk: I was encrypting a secondary os, w11, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the...
  4. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to unlock with this recovery key: Laptop: Asus Rog G14, good conditionMy laptop started crahsing bsod more often than it used to, about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think of much and continued to use it. 2 days ago it got really bad and today upon launch it gives me the 'unmountable boot volume' stop code. All...
  5. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Failed to unlock with this recovery key: Laptop: Asus Rog G14, good conditionMy laptop started crahsing bsod more often than it used to, about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think of much and continued to use it. 2 days ago it got really bad and today upon launch it gives me the 'unmountable boot volume' stop code. All...
  6. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key: We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how...
  8. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key: We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how...
  9. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key": Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from my outlook account which is what I use to login to my account. I typed in that key but it gives me an error (title). I noticed...
  10. Windows Startup recovery "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Startup recovery "Failed to unlock with this recovery key": Hi. My laptop was booting directly to UEFI after a Windows update since it couldn't find the OS. I have a bootable USB that I am trying to use to repair with. The computer's only internal storage is an SSD which has BitLocker. I have found and entered the correct key, but,...