Windows 10: WINDOWS Black Screen after trying to reset without deleteing my personal data

Discus and support WINDOWS Black Screen after trying to reset without deleteing my personal data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a custom build PC I have windows 10 pro installed Today i tried to reset my pc with only deleting my apps. After finish the scans and showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PlamenGochev, Jan 30, 2021.

1. WINDOWS Black Screen after trying to reset without deleteing my personal data

I have a custom build PC

I have windows 10 pro installed

Today i tried to reset my pc with only deleting my apps. After finish the scans and showing me wich apps i going to delete it restarted after that it went black screen and after 15 minutes it is stuck on it. I have a little lamp on my monitor wich indicates that the monitor is on and it's receiving signal.

My pc parts are:

MSI Z370 PRO GAMING CARBON

I7 8700

16 GB RAM

SSD 256 SAMSUNG

HDD 1 TB

:)

PlamenGochev, Jan 30, 2021

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 30, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 30, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

WINDOWS Black Screen after trying to reset without deleteing my personal data

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS Black Screen after trying to reset without deleteing my personal data

1. WINDOWS Black Screen after trying to reset without deleteing my personal data - Similar Threads - Black Screen trying

2. got a black screen after trying reset my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a black screen after trying reset my windows 10: I chose options "remove files and clean the drive" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-black-screen-after-trying-reset-my-windows/7b4c62d9-913d-4340-a885-149c5b11c438
  3. got a black screen after trying reset my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    got a black screen after trying reset my windows 10: I chose options "remove files and clean the drive" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-black-screen-after-trying-reset-my-windows/7b4c62d9-913d-4340-a885-149c5b11c438
  4. got a black screen after trying reset my windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?: It says that apps will be uninstalled, including my games. Will the data files for the games be deleted too? Or will I be able to reinstall the game and keep my data? I want to back it up to another drive but I can’t transfer 500gb in less than a couple hours with this POS...
  6. no personal data keept after selectet the option for a reset whit personal data keept.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no personal data keept after selectet the option for a reset whit personal data keept.: Hey, i just resettet my Windows and selected the Option to Keep my personal data. but whe he did the 3 Restart the screen just did go black and stayed it for the next hour until i was forced to Restart the Computer manualy by keeping the power button pressed to turn the pc...
  7. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  8. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5
  9. Black screen after trying to Reset my computer.

Black screen after trying to Reset my computer.: I chose the following option when I reset my computer. Its running on Windows 10 1903. Keep my files > Change settings > Preinstalled apps On The black screen appeared when the Windows started installing. It has been around 2 hours and ky CPU is running and nothing has...
  10. Black screen - Not booting (After trying to reset)

Black screen - Not booting (After trying to reset): Hi! I was trying to reset my computer the other day. During the reset it failed, showing the following error description: "There was a problem resetting your PC". Nothing more. It returned me to the troubleshooting menu, so that I could try again. It wouldn't work no matter...