Windows 10: Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

Discus and support Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before I restarted the computer, it worked alright but after I updated and restarted, it does not show anything at all, since this restart was combined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wyaves, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Wyaves Win User

Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

Before I restarted the computer, it worked alright but after I updated and restarted, it does not show anything at all, since this restart was combined with an update, what should I do?

:)

Wyaves, Jun 27, 2022

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jun 27, 2022
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Windows 7 black screen of death

NO! That is not my problem. I used the link and the computer displayed again that black screen of death :'(
    Anyway it has nth to do with sleep or screen saver. I just restart it and than again it appears the "STARTING WINDOWS" screen. If the black of death happens than it stayies like that for hours without responding. A friend of mine had the same problem, but he could pass through the black of death because he has a much more powerful computer than mine. Anyway, i dunno the answer :S

GSquadron, Jun 27, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting - Similar Threads - black screen death

2. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  3. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  4. Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting: Before I restarted the computer, it worked alright but after I updated and restarted, it does not show anything at all, since this restart was combined with an update, what should I do?...
  5. Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting: Before I restarted the computer, it worked alright but after I updated and restarted, it does not show anything at all, since this restart was combined with an update, what should I do?...
  6. Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.: Hey when i updated my windows 1909quality update i started having black screen of death. I could use everything using task manager create new task. A important information is that it fixes after 10-40 minutes. So please help!! I missed a day's class trying to fix it. System...
  7. Black Screen after Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after Restart: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590. Everything went smoothly, got all drivers updated and softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only that I have never experienced before. I've researched and tried just about everything for almost 2...
  8. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after restart: My computer was recently updated a few days ago. It was working as it would until yesterday. It powers on but a black screen appears and the keyboard is frozen. The only key working is the power button. I have tried many things with no success. Any help is much appreciated....
  9. Black Screen of Death after Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen of Death after Login: I installed an update today and ever since then I've been getting the BSOD after login. I have tried everything, safe mode, restore (worked on first boot but went back after reboot). I also did the restore and even then it still does the same thing. Not sure what else I can...
  10. Black screen after RESTART.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after RESTART.: Hello, I have made a complete, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on HP 6300 Microtower. During the installation process, Windows 10 restarted and... I saw black screen for quite a long time. So I held POWER button for 5 seconds, PC turned off... Turned it on again...