Windows 10: Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

Discus and support Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the latest version of Windows and have recently been faced with the above problem. The issue can be fixed by turning off the Enable Fast Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MickBurian1, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

I have the latest version of Windows and have recently been faced with the above problem. The issue can be fixed by turning off the Enable Fast Start options from the Power Settings but I would like to understand what is causing this?NOTE: When I first turn on my PC and sign in I get a black screen with the curser showing. I cannot open the task manager after using ctrl + alt + del. If I sign off from the ctrl + alt + del screen and then sign on again the desktop appears. : . If I restart after the first time i.e not shutdown but just restart it all works.I would like to get to the bo

:)

MickBurian1, Sep 29, 2022

2. Windows black screen after login. No task manager

I have seen many replies, but none worked.

after loging in at the login screen, i get a black display with cursor. Ctl-alt-del brings a screen, but the task manager does not open. Booting to safe mode works, but device manager wont open.

I ran Dism, Sfc, in safe mode, all completed fine, still only black screen

I have no idea how to get windows to work again.

i would appreciate considering the problem and not sending me to an existing article that tells me to do anything graphical in regular mode, since there is only a black screen!

Thanks,

dan

DanBar Dov, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Black screen with Cursor and NO task manager

I did a update on my desktop and now i can login my computer but i only get a black screen with the cursor. i can use CONTROL+ALT+DELETE but when i go to open task manger nothing happens. So i rebooted into safe mode with networking and login. i can
    see the task bar now BUT when i move the cursor the windows task bar and click i get a popup "the application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" i have let it sit like this for about an hour now
    and nothing. task manger will also not come up.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Michael_A306, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Mizuko75 Win User

Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

Windows 10 black screen with cursor after login

Thank you, this worked for me!

Mizuko75, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

1. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager: I have the latest version of Windows and have recently been faced with the above problem. The issue can be fixed by turning off the Enable Fast Start options from the Power Settings but I would like to understand what is causing this?NOTE: When I first turn on my PC and sign...
  3. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager: I have the latest version of Windows and have recently been faced with the above problem. The issue can be fixed by turning off the Enable Fast Start options from the Power Settings but I would like to understand what is causing this?NOTE: When I first turn on my PC and sign...
  4. Black Screen With Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor after Login: Hello, i have some issues with my laptop after i turn on the power button, and fill up my lockscreen password, the screen is turning black but i can still move the cursor, is there any idea how to fix this? pls help :...
  5. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor after login: When I logged in to my windows 10, I saw a black screen with movable cursor so I tried a lots of fixes but it didn't work for me. At last I tried to restart my graphics driver by pressing windows key ± Ctrl + shift +B , it started working normally but when I shutdowned my PC...
  6. Black screen after login, no task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after login, no task manager: After login in my account, I get a black screen. If I click with my mouse the cursor shows. I have already pressed ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc but the task manager doesnt open. I have pressed Windows+ctrl+shift+B the screen refresh but still black. I have to wait some...
  7. Windows black screen after login. No task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows black screen after login. No task manager: I have seen many replies, but none worked. after loging in at the login screen, i get a black display with cursor. Ctl-alt-del brings a screen, but the task manager does not open. Booting to safe mode works, but device manager wont open. I ran Dism, Sfc, in safe mode,...
  8. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  9. Black Screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with cursor after login: Good day, I really hope someone could guide me to a solution. I have a fairly new Dell G5, with a SSD running the OS (Win 10 home), and important apps. Everytime I restart, or shut down or any form of normal boot up, the Notebook starts quickly, up to the login screen. After...
  10. Black screen with cursor and not able to open Task Manager after Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Black screen with cursor and not able to open Task Manager after Ctrl+Alt+Del.: There was multiple similar threads with different suggestions and resolutions. None of them worked for me, could be due to slight variation of causes. In my case, we had multiple(7) brand new Lenovo PC's(Win10Pro x64 v1803) with exact same problem: 1.First login OK 2....