Windows 10: Windows black screen with cursor

Discus and support Windows black screen with cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, hope y'all having a good day. So today my laptop suddenly froze so i pressed Ctrl Alt Dlt and pressed task manager it didn't open so i restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johnny_432, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Windows black screen with cursor

Hello, hope y'all having a good day. So today my laptop suddenly froze so i pressed Ctrl Alt Dlt and pressed task manager it didn't open so i restarted my laptop and got the error explorer.exe system warning and my screen turned black i tried everything restore point corrupted, reset to factory settings didn't work, bcdboot. Please if anyone can help me i'll greatly appreciate it my laptop have some really important photos and getting a new one is nearly impossible because of an economy crisis happening in my country Thank you

:)

Johnny_432, Jul 22, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Windows black screen with cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows black screen with cursor

1. Windows black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Windows black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen with cursor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-black-screen-with-cursor/5dc3ad10-7320-4776-ad8f-17af5e6b7968I have tried following the steps of booting into safe mode, going into the control panel and uninstalling the latest windows update that caused the...
  3. Windows black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen with cursor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-black-screen-with-cursor/5dc3ad10-7320-4776-ad8f-17af5e6b7968I have tried following the steps of booting into safe mode, going into the control panel and uninstalling the latest windows update that caused the...
  4. Windows black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows black screen with cursor

windows black screen with cursor: I installed an update on my windows 10. After update I see black screen with cursor. I tried different fix. In safe mode also the problem persists. The scannow from cmd prompt also show there are some corrupt files but windows is unable to fix them. I restarted gpu drive, but...
  6. Black Screen with cursor

Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  7. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...