Windows 10: Windows Black Screen

Discus and support Windows Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sporadically, Windows will blink out my desktop to a black screen. This seems unlike other black screen errors I've seen. When this occurs, the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SupaShaD, Dec 19, 2019.

1. SupaShaD Win User

Windows Black Screen

Sporadically, Windows will blink out my desktop to a black screen. This seems unlike other black screen errors I've seen.

When this occurs, the whole screen goes black, but everything continues to work just fine. In fact, I can move my mouse around on screen and still see it just fine - including when it transitions to other states such as when I hover over buttons or other things that would normally be displayed. I can also still normally engage in any activities with Windows with no apparent negative impact outside not seeing what I'm doing.

Additionally, I can access and view the start menu by pressing the "Windows" key. However, the moment I attempt to launch or do anything from the start menu it disappears again. It is only visible when it has focus. All applications and attempts including forcing a driver restart fail to affect results. This includes launching software and applications that engage full-screen use of the monitor. They fail to initialize screen, but still function as if they had I can see them working via ALT+TAB. Speaking of which...

I can also see what's on my desktop if I ALT+TAB; while ALT+TAB has focus it permits me to view the windows and general environment just fine - but the moment I select a window or otherwise attempt to re-engage my desktop the screen returns to black. CTRL+ALT+DEL also properly functions, and the interrupt menu shows up just fine - but again when I select an option that returns to the Windows environment the screen becomes black once more.

The best way I can describe it would be if I were to have a video of absolutely nothing just black, and I put that full screen. Everything is still functioning behind the video, but I simply can't see it and have no way of determining what I'm doing - I'm literally feeling around in the dark.

Does anyone have any suggestions for remedy? This is extremely problematic and several times now has resulted in the loss of an extensive amount of work because I have to log off and back on to correct it.

:)

SupaShaD, Dec 19, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows Black Screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Black Screen

1. Windows Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. Windows 11 black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen: I opened my laptop then I tried opening the files but its just refreshing my windows so I decided to restart it, however while waiting for it to restart it is just stuck on a black screen. I forced shutdown it then automatic repair appeared, diagnosing your pc then it just...
  3. Windows 11 black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black screen: I opened my laptop then I tried opening the files but its just refreshing my windows so I decided to restart it, however while waiting for it to restart it is just stuck on a black screen. I forced shutdown it then automatic repair appeared, diagnosing your pc then it just...
  4. PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop: First of all, all components were bought brand new.During the Nvidia driver installation, my screen goes black and Windows reboots. In the event log I see the entry 1001 BugCheck. Error code 0x00000116 and 0x00000124, as well as WHEA-Logger 16The system works without a...
  5. PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop

PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop: First of all, all components were bought brand new.During the Nvidia driver installation, my screen goes black and Windows reboots. In the event log I see the entry 1001 BugCheck. Error code 0x00000116 and 0x00000124, as well as WHEA-Logger 16The system works without a...
  6. while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...: while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened, My windows not getting update its showing retry and my local disk c is not accessible. After few hours i tried to login its getting so much time like 10 minutes showing black screen after...
  7. while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...

while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...: while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened, My windows not getting update its showing retry and my local disk c is not accessible. After few hours i tried to login its getting so much time like 10 minutes showing black screen after...
  8. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  9. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  10. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging