Windows 10: Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.

Discus and support Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home is blocking some official Canon drivers from running. The driver file is an exe. The message is "Windows found that this file is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MadroxKran, May 15, 2022.

1. Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.

Windows 10 Home is blocking some official Canon drivers from running. The driver file is an exe. The message is "Windows found that this file is potentially harmful. To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file."There is no Unblock option in the file properties. Reputation based protection is set to off.Any ideas?

:)

MadroxKran, May 15, 2022

2. AMD stepping is it fixed?

the stepping is fixed its built in to the cpu is like a revision on a chip....i think you mean multiplyer?

Athlon2K15, May 15, 2022
  3. LGV
    LGV Win User
    How To Block Facebook

Step 1. Explore C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    Step 2. Look for a file named as hosts, then open it with Notepad.
    Step 3. At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
    127.0.0.1 www.blockingsite1.com
    We have just shown you www.blockingsite 1.com as example only, replace it with the actual URL so that they are inaccessible to all.
    Step 4. Simultaneously if you have more websites that would like to be blocked, just press Enter and repeat step 3 to add additional URL until all desired websites are added. Now make “Enter” at the last line of the UR
    Step 5. Save and close the file.
    After doing the above formalities all websites that you have entered will be blocked with immediate effect. Definitely this theory will help you to prevent certain websites from being accessed by your kids or anybody else for any reason.

4. zbook Win User

Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.

1. Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work. - Similar Threads - blocking file Normal

2. How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work: My Ethernet Connection from my Eero 6E powered by Verizon Fios on my Windows 10 Desktop Computer MSI Aegis. It used to work with no issue for a year, but since this morning it has not worked anymore. I can connect to the internet via Wifi with my Computer and other devices as...
  3. How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work: My Ethernet Connection from my Eero 6E powered by Verizon Fios on my Windows 10 Desktop Computer MSI Aegis. It used to work with no issue for a year, but since this morning it has not worked anymore. I can connect to the internet via Wifi with my Computer and other devices as...
  4. How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.: Windows 10 Home is blocking some official Canon drivers from running. The driver file is an exe. The message is "Windows found that this file is potentially harmful. To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file."There is no Unblock option in the file...
  6. Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.

Windows blocking file. Normal steps to fix do not work.: Windows 10 Home is blocking some official Canon drivers from running. The driver file is an exe. The message is "Windows found that this file is potentially harmful. To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file."There is no Unblock option in the file...
  7. How to fix Microsoft to work normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Microsoft to work normally: I already updated my Windows 10 to the last update. But I have some problems that Microsoft office always slow or freezes after trying to open a file, then that file will be broken and cannot open anymore. Even though I press the "repair" button, it still could not open. So,...
  8. How to fix Microsoft to work normally

How to fix Microsoft to work normally: I already updated my Windows 10 to the last update. But I have some problems that Microsoft office always slow or freezes after trying to open a file, then that file will be broken and cannot open anymore. Even though I press the "repair" button, it still could not open. So,...
  9. How to fix Microsoft to work normally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. run batch file step by step

in Windows 10 Customization
    run batch file step by step: Hi to all I need your help and support, I'm a Test Engineer and I dedicate and maintain to develop and improve batch files, and I need to know if somebody knows, how to run a batch file step by step in windows 10 or windows server?. Previously in ms-dos i use the next line...