Windows 10: Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus...

Discus and support Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When trying to run some applications i'm getting this dialog, without any option to dismiss or go around it. [ATTACH] I have a 3rd party antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Youda008, May 3, 2020.

1. Youda008 Win User

Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus...

When trying to run some applications i'm getting this dialog, without any option to dismiss or go around it.

Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus... 58c5d226-15ca-4092-88de-cc91902831c1?upload=true.png

I have a 3rd party antivirus installed that i trust to decide what is ok or not to run, i don't want Windows' own security software to interfere with my actions.

I followed this article https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-app-has-been-blocked-your-protection-windows-10

and disable everything i could, yet this dialog still keeps poping up.

This seems like a bug, because in Windows Security settings i explicitely set this

Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus... ec608299-4966-48dc-891c-c07aaadd0aa7?upload=true.png

but it does not work and it still blocks my application.

Is there any other way how to completely shut down Windows Defender checks so it stops blocking my applications? Because i really want anything else than my antivirus to tell me what is safe and what is not.

:)

Youda008, May 3, 2020

2. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 3, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

Would have been nice if they indicated which applications were actually improved as opposed to just hard or soft blocked.

Kreij, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus...

Can't run DellSystem Detect Launcher--Administrator block

Hi,

There is a possibility that the antivirus that you are using is blocking your application. We would like to know if you are using a third-party antivirus. If yes, you can stop it from alerting you or blocking the application/program
    by adding the file to the exclusions list.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus...

1. Windows blocking me from running my application even though i have other antivirus... - Similar Threads - blocking running application

2. My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...: My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any antivirus software. ways to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-youre-using-other-antivirus/0c50df40-febf-4dd8-ad64-f5b4d0197c21
  3. My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...: My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any antivirus software. ways to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-youre-using-other-antivirus/0c50df40-febf-4dd8-ad64-f5b4d0197c21
  4. UAC blocking me after upgrade, even though it's turned off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC blocking me after upgrade, even though it's turned off: In my main admin account, UAB blocks Device Manager and Disk Manager -- even though I've turned off UAC in User Account Control Settings. AFAIK, this happened only after the problem filled forced upgrade in March from 1909 to 2004 19041.1). I did enable the hidden admin...
  5. MsMpEng.exe is still running even though I have other antivirus installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe is still running even though I have other antivirus installed: Antimalware service executable was using up as much as %50 of my cpu so I decided to try installing Malwarebytes. I did that, and when I go to windows security setting it says the Malwarebytes is on and windows defender is disabled, and yet when I boot my computer Antimalware...
  6. is window blocking my antivirus

is window blocking my antivirus: I recently tried to upgrade to the latest version of my anti virus I use trend micro and each time i do i am stopped with this popup I click the install anyway button but tis greyed out and nothing happens. i click the others too and same thing nothing happens. is there a...
  7. An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !: i tried to run an app from a CD rom for a Trust Slimline Graphics tablet but was blocked from doing so by 'an administrator'. As far as i am concerned, I AM the administrator and so i dont understand who this other administrator could be i.e. [ATTACH] I then went to...
  8. I keep getting Windows Defender firewall popups about blocked applications even though my...

I keep getting Windows Defender firewall popups about blocked applications even though my...: Currently running Win 10 Pro, version 1903. Hi, I've installed Comodo and use that as my firewall, meaning Windows Defender Firewall is turned off permanently. Every now and then I get Windows Defender Firewall popups asking me whether I want to allow or block...
  9. I get these notifications even though I have an antivirus on. Should I just disable the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get these notifications even though I have an antivirus on. Should I just disable the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TANMAN844 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enw0xz/i_get_these_notifications_even_though_i_have_an/
  10. Blocked apps even though I am administrator

Blocked apps even though I am administrator: When I try to open different things such as a Samsung USB driver a window pops up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" I have given myself administrator as well as making a new user and giving that one administrator too but the same thing happens....