Windows 10: Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

Discus and support Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop as the games take up a lot of the memory. I have downloaded games from Steam that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HenryRoberts6, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

Hello, I have recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop as the games take up a lot of the memory. I have downloaded games from Steam that go straight to my external drive but when I try to download games from the game pass it is never an option to go to my external drive despite setting it as the default in my xbox settings. I have spoken to the Xbox help service but they suggest it is a problem with windows and not game pass itself? Has anyone had a similar problem that they were able to resolve? Thanks

:)

HenryRoberts6, Mar 13, 2022

2. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Mar 13, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Mar 13, 2022
  4. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

how to move data on pc hd to external hd and back to repair lost admin password in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Are you able to copy and paste the data from one location to another?

• Do you receive any error code while moving the files to external HD?

I suggest you to go through the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

1. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD - Similar Threads - Blocking Saving Games

2. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  3. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD: Hello, I have recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop as the games take up a lot of the memory. I have downloaded games from Steam that go straight to my external drive but when I try to download games from the game pass it is never an option to go to my...
  4. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD: Hello, I have recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop as the games take up a lot of the memory. I have downloaded games from Steam that go straight to my external drive but when I try to download games from the game pass it is never an option to go to my...
  5. External HD

External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  6. Controlled folder access is blocking game saving.

Controlled folder access is blocking game saving.: I'm trying to play a game on my computer that I bought off steam. I played it for an hour and then saved and turned it off. When I booted it back up, my save was gone and it said that "Controlled Folder Access" has blocked the game from making changes. When i click the...
  7. Saved passwords from external HD

in Browsers and Email
    Saved passwords from external HD: Older PC crashed. Able to see data by using HDD hooked up externally. Can see all the data. Customer is senior cit. with Hotmail and forgot password. Went through all the usual with no luck. Got to sending Microsoft request with name, emails, subject, etc. MS sent back letter...
  8. Saved passwords from external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Saved passwords from external HD: Older PC crashed. Able to see data by using HDD hooked up externally. Can see all the data. Customer is senior cit. with Hotmail and forgot password. Went through all the usual with no luck. Got to sending Microsoft request with name, emails, subject, etc. MS sent back letter...
  9. Windows Defender blocking game save files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocking game save files: Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer when they enter save files. My games are official, all of them are from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and official PC-ROM discs....
  10. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269