Windows 10: Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe

Discus and support Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot update my VCRUNTIME140.dll missing due to the computer blocking me from conducting administrative commands. It continues saying it's blocked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Edwardoah64, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe

I cannot update my VCRUNTIME140.dll missing due to the computer blocking me from conducting administrative commands. It continues saying it's blocked me and to contact the administrator mmc.exe. How do I fix this? I cannot run anything on my computer after an update from windows.

:)

Edwardoah64, Mar 1, 2021

2. “You do not have permissions to see the list of shares for Windows clients” error on “Computer Management” MMC

Steps to reproduce:

• Run “Computer Management” MMC

• In the left column, at the top, right click the “Computer Management (Local)” entry.
      Enter the name of another computer on the same LAN (in my case, “HP”).
      Computer Management will now display “Computer Management (HP)”

• In the left column, click “System Tools”, then “Shared Folders”, then “Shares”
    Expected results: the center column will display the list folders shared by computer “HP”

Actual results: an error message is displayed, “You do not have permissions to see the list of shares for Windows clients”

Note: I am able to view the list of folders shared by HP using both:

-Windows Explorer

-net view:

C:\Users\mseit>net view \\hp /all

Shared resources at \\hp

Share name Type Used as Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN$ Disk Remote Admin

C$ Disk Default share

D$ Disk Default share

IPC$ IPC Remote IPC

print$ Disk Printer Drivers

Users Disk

The command completed successfully.

Screen captures:

Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe efd0766b-c092-455e-a79b-32f87b31bc77.png

Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe 00f1fdf1-5d17-4e41-9721-858270c08e7d.png

Matt Seitz, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 1, 2021
  4. dirkd Win User

Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe

Cant connect to other PC through MMC

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to another PC on the same network through MMC. I am running MMC as Admin. I've tried adding the Computer Management, or Task Scheduler snap-ins. I am getting errors such as:

"The computer cannot be connected. Verify the network path is correct, the computer is available on the network, and the appropriate firewall rules have been configured, such as: COM+ Network access (DCOM-IN), and all rules in the Remote Event Log Management Group", or
    "You do not have permission to access this computer".

I am able to remote into this machine, access folders, and ping it successfully. I am running Win 10 Pro, and the remote machine is running Win 10 Home.

I have configured the firewall rules mentioned in the error, although I couldn't find anything for "COM+". I also watched the firewall logs and created rules for anything that was being blocked. I even turned it completely off. None of this helped. Seems like its a permissions issue, but I have an account on the remote machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dirkd, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe

1. Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe - Similar Threads - blocks computer management

2. MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT: Today Group Policy Management set on the Domain Controller. Now this policy is set for everyone and everywhere. The terrible problem: I can no longer start the Group Policy Management on the Domain Controller as Administrator. MMC COULD NOT CREATE THE SNAP-IN BECAUSE OF...
  3. MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT: Today Group Policy Management set on the Domain Controller. Now this policy is set for everyone and everywhere. The terrible problem: I can no longer start the Group Policy Management on the Domain Controller as Administrator. MMC COULD NOT CREATE THE SNAP-IN BECAUSE OF...
  4. Someone else's windows account is blocking me from my computer

Someone else's windows account is blocking me from my computer: Im the administrator for my computer and have the password but I don't have any password for Windows. How do I get in to to either remove windows and reinstall it or get in to add me or remove the one on it...
  5. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  6. MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app: Recently, out of the blue, I got an error message about "snap in" but I didn't get to read it properly before closing it by accident. After that, I can't seem to start things like Device Manager or Task scheduler please see attached image below. However, if I start a CMD...
  7. UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

in Windows 10 Support
    UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?: I don't know if a recent Windows 10 update changed something, or if I have a virus, or what, but my Win 10 Pro 64bit computer is behaving differently today than a day or so ago. If I try to open the Task Manager I get a UAC prompt. If I try to open Computer Management, I...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging: Recently I have been getting numerous hangups using the Computer Management application mmc.exe in Windows 10 64 bit. In the event viewer I am getting the following message: The program mmc.exe version 10.0.19041.746 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see...
  9. mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe: * Moved from Community Participation Center after trying DISM method,this showed me at last ,it is still not fixed what should i do [ATTACH]...
  10. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...