Windows 10: Windows blocks my access to download.

Discus and support Windows blocks my access to download. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so windows is now telling me I can't download my drivers from a CD that came with graphics card. Also ssd program and the CD for motherboard. So I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nicholasurias, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Windows blocks my access to download.

Ok so windows is now telling me I can't download my drivers from a CD that came with graphics card. Also ssd program and the CD for motherboard. So I found that the store has a program to remove the S feature from my windows 10pro. It would be nice to if it would do it. Spent all night thinking it was downloading and was only in a "getting it" state! Nothing was done and why am I being governed on what I want on my computer..seems as a trap to only by or use windows store. Was great now it's a dictator on what I need..please remove so I can say it's mine again

:)

nicholasurias, Feb 9, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 9, 2019
  3. IP accessing

How could a program on your computer block anything from accessing your router anyway?
    The router itself has to block things, I'd suggest using simple NAT and forwarding ports you need, the rest will be blocked.

DanTheBanjoman, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows blocks my access to download.

Controlled Folder Access blocked

Hi Aeolus0,

The Controlled Folder Access is an enterprise-class ransomware protection component that was recently added to Windows Defender. When you turn on Controlled folder access, a lot of the folders you use most often will be protected by default. This means that
    content in any of these folders cannot be accessed or changed by any unknown or untrusted apps. Once you add additional folders, they become automatically protected as well. To add protected folders:

• Select Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, select Protected folders.
    • Select Add a protected folder and follow the prompts to add folders.

If you see an App is blocked message when you try to use a familiar app, you can simply unblock the app. If this message displays:

• Write down or take note of the path of the blocked app.
    • Select the message, and then select Add an allowed app.
    • Browse for the program you want to allow access.

As for your query about having no sounds on your computer, it could be caused by an outdated or corrupted audio driver. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer's website of your device?

Meanwhile, you can try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows blocks my access to download.

1. Windows blocks my access to download. - Similar Threads - blocks access download

2. My laptop access is blocked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop access is blocked: I was searching some online boutiques and I clicked on one website which is called whitefox boutique and this pops up. I tried to restart my laptop but it didn’t work. The pop up doesn’t go away....
  3. My laptop access is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop access is blocked: I was searching some online boutiques and I clicked on one website which is called whitefox boutique and this pops up. I tried to restart my laptop but it didn’t work. The pop up doesn’t go away....
  4. My laptop access is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft is blocking my access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft is blocking my access.: I'm trying to access the VA Lottery website, but every time I click on the link I get this message from Microsoft. 0q8SQZAAAAAB8o3zjMIzURYyRXMyAMkZBUEhMMzBFREdFMDMxNwA2M2JiNDY0Zi00ODAxLTRlM2UtYTZiZC03OWU3OTI4NGU2NzA=...
  6. Microsoft is blocking my access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is blocking my access.: I'm trying to access the VA Lottery website, but every time I click on the link I get this message from Microsoft. 0q8SQZAAAAAB8o3zjMIzURYyRXMyAMkZBUEhMMzBFREdFMDMxNwA2M2JiNDY0Zi00ODAxLTRlM2UtYTZiZC03OWU3OTI4NGU2NzA=...
  7. Microsoft is blocking my access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Download Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Blocked: Trying to download and do some updates, but for some reason every single download says "failed-blocked". I never had any problem before. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-blocked/5c697e75-8094-447a-8268-27989f02b8df
  9. downloads blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    downloads blocked: Trying to download... Want to put open office on but everything just "disappears" or is blocked Any ideas on how to allow non Microsoft apps to be added...Going crazy, new laptop...
  10. BLOCKED ACCESS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BLOCKED ACCESS: Hello, Please, I have a question and of course I am waiting a right answer if is possible to fix this impediment. I try ON LINE to fill out an Application and when I press " Apply Now" then appears these words.........This page can not be reached............. My...