Windows 10: Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

Discus and support Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use an MSI gaming laptop and have two monitors connected to it. One via hdmi and the other via displayport mini. I have been using this setup for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 11patrollt., Dec 23, 2020.

1. Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

I use an MSI gaming laptop and have two monitors connected to it. One via hdmi and the other via displayport mini. I have been using this setup for many months but recently my windows keeps on crashing with a bluescreen error. The crash only happens when I "click" focus on one monitor and then on the other. As if it couldn't handle two monitors at the same time anymore. Connecting either one seperately works perfectly fine.

I'm not aware of installing any major new software or new hardware. I have tried updating a lot of things: Bios, driver, firmware. But nothing really seems to work. Please ask if i shall provide with more system details.

Cheers.

:)

11patrollt., Dec 23, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Law-II Win User
    Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

Blue screen crashes

Hi Howard,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing blue screen errors. If yes, the error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message you received may possibly occur due to a hardware error.
    To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform
    the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

1. Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup. - Similar Threads - blue screen crashing

2. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  3. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  4. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Triple monitor setup, monitor going on and off when a new screen is being detected the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple monitor setup, monitor going on and off when a new screen is being detected the...: HiI have a triple monitor setup. All are using the same native resolution 2560x1440 , one is 240Hz the main while the other 2 are 60Hz.I do have 2 computers plugged into these 3 screens and I use to start my Win 11 computer with only 1 or 2 monitors, and then the third will...
  6. Triple monitor setup, monitor going on and off when a new screen is being detected the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Triple monitor setup, monitor going on and off when a new screen is being detected the...: HiI have a triple monitor setup. All are using the same native resolution 2560x1440 , one is 240Hz the main while the other 2 are 60Hz.I do have 2 computers plugged into these 3 screens and I use to start my Win 11 computer with only 1 or 2 monitors, and then the third will...
  7. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  8. Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate: I have three monitors, one 1440p 165Hz display and two 1200p 60Hz displays, for my up to date 2020-10 cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 Windows 10 PC on a dedicated graphics card RX 580. When the two 60 Hz displays are off, the 165 Hz display works at 165 Hz, 144 Hz, and...
  9. Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors: Yes, hello my name is Andreas and i just got my 3rd monitor for my setup. However now i have a rescaling/resizing problem with my 2 outer monitors. Whenever i drag an app onto one of the 2 outer monitors, the app decides to rescale to fit the whole screen without my doing....
  10. Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup: Hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 3 monitors attached to a GTX770. 2xDell U2715H monitors (1440p) - work monitors 1xPhilips 1080p monitor - client monitor. Two monitors are used all the time for work in a dual monitor setup. The third monitor is placed away from me...