Windows 10: Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past

Discus and support Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 desktop computer and I was working on it and suddenly I got a blue screen and it shut down It started trying to repair the disc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stuart Munro1, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past

I have a Windows 10 desktop computer and I was working on it and suddenly I got a blue screen and it shut down It started trying to repair the disc and after an hour it said automatic repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or shut down to turn off your PC log file e colin\windows\system 32\log files\srt\srt srttrrail.txtI've basically gone through the motions, tried repair, didn't workTried to restore an older restore point, didn't have anyTried the various command prompt options without success also. Took each ram chip out one by one and r

:)

Stuart Munro1, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past

1. Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past - Similar Threads - blue screen repair

2. Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past: I have a Windows 10 desktop computer and I was working on it and suddenly I got a blue screen and it shut down It started trying to repair the disc and after an hour it said automatic repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC...
  3. Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows blue screen now repair drive at startup and can't get past: I have a Windows 10 desktop computer and I was working on it and suddenly I got a blue screen and it shut down It started trying to repair the disc and after an hour it said automatic repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC...
  4. GETTING BLUE SCREEN ON STARTUP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GETTING BLUE SCREEN ON STARTUP: Getting Blue screen on windows startup. please help me in solving this issue. kindly check with the minidump file attached to this as a Google Drive link.Thank you https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSY8-mYqNGjHvU7GlLw-WQgdfDrEnGee?usp=share_link...
  5. GETTING BLUE SCREEN ON STARTUP

GETTING BLUE SCREEN ON STARTUP: Getting Blue screen on windows startup. please help me in solving this issue. kindly check with the minidump file attached to this as a Google Drive link.Thank you https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSY8-mYqNGjHvU7GlLw-WQgdfDrEnGee?usp=share_link...
  6. Windows can't get past system repair

Windows can't get past system repair: When I boot windows it takes me to a blue screen, with an error code saying "THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Then it takes me back to the boot screen with the manufacturer logo and tells me it's starting up system repair, then takes me to a different blue screen and tells me...
  7. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't get past system repair: When I boot windows it takes me to a blue screen, with an error code saying "THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Then it takes me back to the boot screen with the manufacturer logo and tells me it's starting up system repair, then takes me to a different blue screen and tells me...
  8. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair": Last week I downloaded some HP Updates that were available (something to do with graphics, possibly one to do with audio. Not sure.) Then I got a series of blue screens. First said "Stop Code: KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Then, "Stop Code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED...
  10. Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.: I'll get straight into it: after a recent windows update with spotty wifi, I haven't been able to get into my acer laptop. Whenever I load it up it gives me the "windows ran into a problem and needs to restart, we are just collecting error information :( ", then restarts to...