Windows 10: Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

Discus and support Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobStoutjesdijk, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I would love to find out what the cause of this is. As far as I know my system is up to date with the drivers etc. Is it possible to send the minidump files to somebody who is knowledgeable and can take a look at them?

:)

RobStoutjesdijk, Jan 17, 2023

2. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, Jan 17, 2023
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 Pro ver. 1709 now crashes with a BSOD when waking from S3 sleep mode.

Hi John,

There is a possibility that a driver is failing to start when waking up the computer from an S3 sleep mode. Kindly access this
    article. The article contains multiple ways on how to resolve blue screen errors. Once you've accessed
    the page, select a scenario and do all of the steps found under that chosen scenario.

Keep us posted.

Argel Obm, Jan 17, 2023
  4. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3)

and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down everything. a touch of the keyboard would wake up the fan but you just have a blank screen and an unresponsive computer...

conversely, i notice a few other computers i have where s3 sleep works properly, under powercfg /a, you only have standby (s3)

is there a way to tell windows to specifically only use s3 when both s1 and s3 standby are listed under powercfg /a ?

wildpig1234, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

1. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep - Similar Threads - blue screening waking

2. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  3. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  4. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep: Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I...
  5. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep: Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I...
  6. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  7. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  8. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

9. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  10. Blue screen when waking up from sleep

Blue screen when waking up from sleep: I put my computer to sleep and went off to do some work. Firefox and Jetbrains PyCharm were active before putting it to sleep. When I came back and opened the lid, rather than showing me the lock screen, it showed me the dell screen indicating it had restarted. The...