Windows 10: Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error

Discus and support Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is the event in question has been happening for sometime now with intense newer games. Have ran the PC stock along with a ton of other settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyleGleason1, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error

Here is the event in question has been happening for sometime now with intense newer games. Have ran the PC stock along with a ton of other settings downclocking / troubleshooting tactics I would say my computer knowledge is above average. Please if anyone can help me locate the part causing the Whea Error that would be fantastic.<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>0<

:)

KyleGleason1, Aug 26, 2021
  2. Severin Win User

whea warning? cache hierarchy error

I just noticed a whea warning in my event log stating a hardware error was corrected and it was reported by a cpu core. the error type was a cache hierarchy error. i know OCing can cause some of these whea errors, and it seems most people just ignore them, but im just wondering if this one is anything to worry about. my processor is overclocked, but i can pass numerous stress tests and games for hours, without any issues or errors in the even log. i think the pc my have even been idle at the time this was reported , or i was gaming . But again usually there are no errors regardless of what the pc is doing.
    anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had some info on this error since googling it comes up with a bunch of different whea errors and no real explanation other than ocing can cause them.

Computer is:
    8700K stock, MTE on, 4700mhz auto clock
    Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
    16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP ON)
    Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus
    Corsair 750 Rmi
    SSD Crucial 525GB
    HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
    Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update ( 16299.15 build october 2017 ,before meltdown/spectre patch )
    All settings in UEFI are stock,defaulted . Only XMP profile is on.

Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error [​IMG]

Severin, Aug 26, 2021
  3. WHEA Error - Please Help

Everything on my computer has been running flawlessly since building it a few months ago. For the last week, I've been getting random WHEA errors. I assumed they would go away on their own since it was a generic error every time. Today, I got fed up and reinstalled windows. About 15 minutes into the new installation, I get another WHEA error. I googled it and decided to get blue screen viewer to determine the root of the problem. I have no clue how to read this error log though and need help in a big way. Can someone please direct me on how to fix this crap? Let me know what other information is needed. I'm going crazy over here.

Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error Qf4KxAj.png

GamerGuy89, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error

bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error

1. Windows Bluescreen, Cannot for the life of me figure out What is Causing Whea Error - Similar Threads - Bluescreen Cannot life

2. Having an Issue and cannot figure out what is causing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an Issue and cannot figure out what is causing it.: Upgraded and built a new PC about a week ago and have been getting the same issue on and off randomly. The issue is classed as "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"I have no clue what I am looking for to try and fix it. I have tried things already mentioned by other places Updated...
  3. Having an Issue and cannot figure out what is causing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having an Issue and cannot figure out what is causing it.: Upgraded and built a new PC about a week ago and have been getting the same issue on and off randomly. The issue is classed as "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"I have no clue what I am looking for to try and fix it. I have tried things already mentioned by other places Updated...
  4. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD: i have ran everything from IPDT to memory diag to chkdsk,sfc,etc.. they all show that there's no problem so i cant put my finger on it ..here is my minidump: minidump.rarhope anyone can help , thanks....
  5. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD: i have ran everything from IPDT to memory diag to chkdsk,sfc,etc.. they all show that there's no problem so i cant put my finger on it ..here is my minidump: minidump.rarhope anyone can help , thanks....
  6. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  8. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  9. Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them

Random Bluescreens and I can't figure out what is causing them: Hi For almost two weeks now I get totally random Bluescreens and everything I tried so far did not end this problem. I updated my drivers, checked my RAM, did /sfc scannow and chkdsk Since I don't know what to do next I would be really really happy if somebody could help...
  10. Random Bluescreens with different errors and I cant figure out what is causing them.

Random Bluescreens with different errors and I cant figure out what is causing them.: Hi I have been having random crashes in WIndows 10 lately with multiple Errors being reported lfor instance a few "System_Thread_Exception_Not Handled", "Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error", and several "Reference_By_Pointer" errors, and it tends to happen most often on start up or...