Windows 10: Windows boot camp external drive problems

Discus and support Windows boot camp external drive problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 installed on my mac with bootcamp. My external drive is formatted as exfat (so should work on both and it used to as well until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mugwhy, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mugwhy Win User

Windows boot camp external drive problems

I have windows 10 installed on my mac with bootcamp. My external drive is formatted as exfat (so should work on both and it used to as well until recently). It runs fine on the macOS (high sierra), but windows says it is a usb 2.0 device. I’ve tried it in all the usb slots the mac has and it will not run in any of them on windows, but on the macOS its fine in all of them. I’ve run tests on the drive in the macOS and its functioning fine, theres nothing wrong with it. Since it runs on the mac and its using the same hardware as with windows, i think its a windows problem, but i don’t know how to resolve it. This issue started after i used bootcamp to resize the partition and on the new install of windows it doesn’t find the drive. It has all my document backups on it that i now can’t access on windows to be able to restore them...

Does anyone have a solution for getting this drive to work on windows as well as mac?

:)

Mugwhy, Sep 8, 2018

2. Bluetooth is not working with Boot Camp after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

To enable your Bluetooth, run the Boot Camp Assistant from the Utilities folder on your Mac and install the support software, which includes the latest drivers you need for Bluetooth.

• Check for software updates to make sure OS X, your Mac firmware, and Boot Camp Assistant are
      up to date.

• Run Boot Camp Assistant and install the support software, which includes the latest Boot Camp drivers you need for Bluetooth.
      You can find step-by-step directions at Apple’s Support Site here.
    After reinstalling the drivers, all paired devices from Windows 8.1 should still be paired and usable.

Ravinath P, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Rob! Win User
    To Boot Camp or not to Boot Camp?

From everything I've read, boot camp is faster than Parallels. When you're running Parallels you're still running OSX, so you're using resources for two OSes. Boot Camp is solely Windows, so it's less resources.

Parallels would be if you need one office program or something, where Boot Camp would be if you wanted to game, use resource intensive programs, or use a LOT of Windows stuff where you wouldn't need OSX at all.

Rob!, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Windows boot camp external drive problems

WiFi issue in Windows 10 on Mac Pro (Boot Camp)

I resolved this problem using boot camp.

1 - In Mac system open the Boot Camp.

2 - Select the middle option e plug a pen drive.

3 - In Windows system put the pen drive and select the Boot camp folder.

4 - Run the setup.

5 - Follow the instructions.

and its done.

FabioKendi, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows boot camp external drive problems

1. Windows boot camp external drive problems - Similar Threads - boot camp external

2. Is boot camp free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is boot camp free?: I have a mac and the mac os is not doing everything I need it to so I decided to download windows. A lot of websites say it's free but I have seen some websites saying that you need a product key. I was wondering if I need a licence key to download windows through boot camp...
  3. Is boot camp free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is boot camp free?: I have a mac and the mac os is not doing everything I need it to so I decided to download windows. A lot of websites say it's free but I have seen some websites saying that you need a product key. I was wondering if I need a licence key to download windows through boot camp...
  4. how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive: how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-boot-camp-files-moved-to-external-hard/4c31e864-9439-4f8b-8df4-7b0ff49066c9
  5. how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive: how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-boot-camp-files-moved-to-external-hard/4c31e864-9439-4f8b-8df4-7b0ff49066c9
  6. how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Fix Boot Camp Assistant problems on Mac

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Boot Camp Assistant problems on Mac: [ATTACH]Apple’s Boot Camp Assistant is a free utility that helps you set up your […] This article Fix Boot Camp Assistant problems on Mac first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 boot camp backup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot camp backup problem: Hey guys. I have been using windows 10 boot camp recently and I am considering transfering from macos to windows. I am wondering wherher the image that I created using Update & Security > Backup > Go to Backup and Restore Windows 7 will be successfully restored on my new...
  9. Mac problems booting over boot camp?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mac problems booting over boot camp?: Hello, I installed Windows on my Mac via Boot Camp because there is a CAD program that is only available for Windows. For a long time it worked fine but lately when I switch to Windows it starts only "incompletely". Logging on is a normal process. But if I am redirected to...
  10. Troubleshoot Sound problems on Windows with Boot Camp

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot Sound problems on Windows with Boot Camp: [ATTACH] Boot Camp is an official software from Apple which allows you to install Windows on Mac. Most of the time it is used when one needs to have both Windows and macOS on the same machine. Now it may so [...] This post Troubleshoot Sound problems on Windows with Boot...