Windows 10: Windows boot doesn't pick up

Discus and support Windows boot doesn't pick up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]I'm asking you for help here in last resort cause I've been everywhere and can't find a solution. I've installed Linux Mint in my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RicardoMiranda8, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Windows boot doesn't pick up

Windows boot doesn't pick up [​IMG]I'm asking you for help here in last resort cause I've been everywhere and can't find a solution.

I've installed Linux Mint in my laptop alongside Windows 10. Created a partition and installed it.

I'm a total n00b in Linux and struggled a bit to have it work. After realizing the effort of code-tweeking software I decided it wasn't for me and decided to remove it.

I had it in dual boot, and everytime I started my laptop, something called Grub menu asked which OS to boot.

Last night, in Windows, I deleted the Linux partition and expanded the Windows partition over the emptied space.

Today I got this image...

Panic! I can only access the bios through F12 and it only lets me change medium boot order Hdd, USB...not which OS.

I don't have a Windows Disc cause it came pre installed, and I deleted pen drive Windows safe copy after Linux installation looked good.

How can I boot Windows again?

:)

RicardoMiranda8, Jul 19, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Picking up an IP address on Boot

Hi Deepika

Thanks for responding to my question.

I am pleased to report that your suggestions seem to have done the trick. I entered the command line scripts and then did a cold re-boot. The machine then picked up an IP address straight away.

I have only done this on one machine and for one boot, and so will try to report back on what happens over several days later on.

Regards and Seasonal Greeting to Forum Members

Pete C.

Peter_Cuthbert, Jul 19, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Windows boot doesn't pick up

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows boot doesn't pick up

1. Windows boot doesn't pick up - Similar Threads - boot doesn't pick

2. Windows doesn't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't boot up: Hello, whoever reading this.I tried downgrading my Windows 10 to Windows 7 using rufus windows 7 iso and then everything is ruined. Windows 10 doesn't boot up either Windows 7 and it always leads me to troubleshooting and none of those helps.Please help. Thanks...
  3. Windows doesn't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't boot up: Hello, whoever reading this.I tried downgrading my Windows 10 to Windows 7 using rufus windows 7 iso and then everything is ruined. Windows 10 doesn't boot up either Windows 7 and it always leads me to troubleshooting and none of those helps.Please help. Thanks...
  4. Windows doesn't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone doesn't pick up sound, was working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't pick up sound, was working: Realtek auto array Microphone doesn't pick up sound, was working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-pick-up-sound-was-working/f3edc218-b259-44c6-8df2-5ab17d758055
  6. Realtek microphone doesn't pick up sounds properly

Realtek microphone doesn't pick up sounds properly: Week or two ago, my Realted mic drivers got updated on their own and since then, it's impossible for my internal microphone to pick up my voice unless I yell directly into it. I tried various solutions, such as: - running a troubleshooter - going back to older version of...
  7. Microphone doesn't pick up voice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone doesn't pick up voice: Today my mic picks up my voice really low, but it still picks up the keyboard and mouse sounds. Yesterday it was working perfectly fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting advice I saw online, meaning I did all I could on the Settings > Sounds windows, and tried to update my...
  8. Microphone Picks Up Sound but it Doesn't Go Through

Microphone Picks Up Sound but it Doesn't Go Through: I have a Dell Ultrabook i5 that runs Windows 10. My mic shows that it's picking up sound when I talk but no one can hear me in Skype calls or Zoom meetings for example, even when I make sure I'm not muted. Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks....
  9. SSD not being picked up by windows but picked up in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD not being picked up by windows but picked up in bios: My OS is installed on my SSD so every time i try boot my PC it takes me to recovery, I cant use diskpart commands because it doesnt show any storage devices, but in BIOS i can choose to load from it. If I use a bootable USB with the installation stuff on it, it doesnt allow...
  10. BIOS Doesn't Pick Up SSD but Windows Install Does?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BIOS Doesn't Pick Up SSD but Windows Install Does?: Hey folks, I had a PC (tower) built a couple of weeks ago. I have two drives, a 256gb SSD as my boot drive and a 512gb for my programs and files. Everything was working as it should until about 6pm EST on 3/24/19. My computer restarted and showed a black screen with the...