Windows 10: Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

Discus and support Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a 500gb nvme ssd for my pc and I installed while my old sata 250gb drive was still in there (which had windows installed on it). I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eddy8000, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

I bought a 500gb nvme ssd for my pc and I installed while my old sata 250gb drive was still in there (which had windows installed on it). I installed windows on it and instead of creating those partitions on the drive, it treated it like a dual boot system and it just used the partitions of thr 250gb drive. Its no unbootable without the 250gb drive in it. Am I able to recreate those partitions on the new 500gb drives. See google drive pic attached if I'm making no sense

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4M0vSNdYqbLvVB_R1W5dnNNzN00Luh1/view?usp=sharing

submitted by /u/Eddy8000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eddy8000, Apr 12, 2020
  2. slance310 Win User

C Drive partitions

Hi,

The Recovery partition is not needed, but some of your Recovery features may not work without booting with a Repair CD or Installation Media... I delete mine...

One thing to consider though is the location of the Recovery Partition...

If it is before the EFI and\or C:\ Partitions, deleting it may mess up your boot...

Deleting it when in this position will be of little benefit anyway as it's in the wrong place to add it back to C:\...

The machine on which I delete the Recovery partition without issues, it is after C:\...

On my other machine where it is the first partition on the drive, I just leave it...

BTW... It would be a good idea to include both the EFI and Recovery in any image backup... Just in case...

slance310, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

Merge EFI System partition with Windows/Main (C) partition

Hello,

My Windows 10 installation created a separate EFI partition which contains the boot files. See picture:

Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive 4be8c261-15a5-4a5a-a12b-5a4704b21a80.png

What I would like to do is merge the boot files from the EFI partition onto the main (C drive) partition so I can remove that extra partition. I cannot find any documentation on how to do this.

Although it says the boot files are on the C partition already, I know they are actually on the EFI partition because when you look into the EFI partition, I can see them - I'm not sure why this view is saying that the boot files are on the C partition.

At any rate, I want it all to be a single partition.

There is lots of documentation which talks about moving EFI boot files OFF the main (C drive) partition to a new/different partition, but nothing I could find describes the merge that I'm trying to do.

Please help.

Thanks

Bob

RobertBelusko, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

1. Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive - Similar Threads - boot efi recovery

2. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  3. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  4. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  5. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  6. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. recovery boot partition in not on my C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery boot partition in not on my C drive: recovery boot partition in not on my C drive, and I have two of them the newer one is larger, and I can't seem to delete either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-boot-partition-in-not-on-my-c-drive/9024d0dc-ef26-44f3-861c-5e73c4987839
  8. Why are Recovery and EFI Partitions on Drive D?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are Recovery and EFI Partitions on Drive D?: Have an Intel NUC in which I installed an M.2 drive and a SSD which I use just for storage. I installed Windows 10 on the M.2 drive. I did not install anything initially on the SSD. The Disk Management Utility shows 3 partitions on my boot (M.2) drive. The main partition and...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install is putting recovery partition in front of EFI and C:/drive partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install is putting recovery partition in front of EFI and C:/drive partitions.: Several months ago my laptop was destroyed by malware and since then I have learned a lot about upgrading and general repair with Windows based PC's. I could have just replaced the HDD but without knowing what I know now I "bricked" it by locking up the BIOS/UEFI so I could...
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...