Windows 10: Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

Discus and support Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently went away for a few days and upon returning my pc wont boot to windows, giving the above error stating File: \Boot\BCD, Status: 0xc000000f... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jackie Ladner, May 22, 2023.

1. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

I recently went away for a few days and upon returning my pc wont boot to windows, giving the above error stating File: \Boot\BCD, Status: 0xc000000f and Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.Ive tried just about everything I can at this stage and almost every solution has failed and simply resulted in further errors and issues.I tried changing the boot order from bios and restore my bios settings to default, which did nothing.Windows startup recovery states it cant repair anything and running chkdsk comes back saying my c drive ssd win 10 was installed

:)

Jackie Ladner, May 22, 2023
  2. I.Torres Win User

Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

Hello, thanks to contact the Microsoft Community. My name is Israel Torres, I am

an Independent Advisor.

The boot error 0xC000000f in Windows 10 occurs when Windows attempts to read the Boot Configuration Data

In order to fix the boot error 0xC000000F in Windows 10, you can also use the built-in bootrec.exe tool. Please note that a bootable Windows Installation DVD or USB is required. The goal is to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) that controls how Windows
    10 is started.

Step 1. Reboot your computer.

Step 2. Insert the bootable DVD or USB installation disk.

Step 3. Reboot your computer again and press “R.”

Step 4. Click “Troubleshoot.”

Step 5. Click “Command Prompt.”

Step 6. Type “bootrec /fixmbr” and press Enter.

Step 7. Type “bootrec /fixboot” and press Enter.

Step 8. Type “bootrec /rebuildbcd” and press Enter.

I.Torres, May 22, 2023
  3. Boot error: status: 0xc000000f

Hi Karan,

Corrupted Boot Configuration Data could trigger the error code 0xc000000f. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which version, build and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What changes have you made on your computer before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, if Windows 10 is installed on your device, you can use this
    link
    as you reference on how to recover Windows 10. We suggest following the instructions under Use installation media to reinstall
    Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 22, 2023
  4. tpriest Win User

Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

Cannot boot HP laptop Error Code 0xc000000f

OK. Now run HD Tune:
    SMART params

Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues [​IMG]

Should the partition table be empty?

Error Scan results

So 6 damaged areas, 0.2% damaged. Clearly zero would be best, thoughts on trying to continue with existing HDD?
    Minitool Partition Wizard report:

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks.

tpriest, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

1. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues - Similar Threads - Boot Error 0xc000000f

2. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  3. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  4. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues: I recently went away for a few days and upon returning my pc wont boot to windows, giving the above error stating File: \Boot\BCD, Status: 0xc000000f and Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.Ive tried just about everything I can at this...
  6. Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Error 0xc000000f and other issues: I recently went away for a few days and upon returning my pc wont boot to windows, giving the above error stating File: \Boot\BCD, Status: 0xc000000f and Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.Ive tried just about everything I can at this...
  7. Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t boot (error 0xc000000f): Hello, I didn’t turn my pc off last night and when I woke up, I was looking at this error. “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Insert your windows installation disk and select repair my computer. Boot selection failed because a...
  8. Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f: I just tried to turn on my PC and it instantly ran into a random problem that I've never encountered before. It tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:" 1. Insert your windows installation disk and...
  9. Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f: I need help with fixing an error with windows 10, after I finished installing it it said it needed to restart to finishing installing the graphics card but so I clicked restart and it did but as it was starting back up it just showed up as a black screen it didn't even get to...
  10. Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f: Don't have install disks to repair error. HP Pavilion 570-p050 came without setup/install disks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-windows-error-code-0xc000000f/d7d6c56b-c44a-464f-a3ed-d6785df201a8