Windows 10: Windows boot error

Discus and support Windows boot error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, so I'm super frustrated and at the end of my rope. I've seen other people have this issue and have tried what seems like everything but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaileyHall, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Windows boot error

Ok, so I'm super frustrated and at the end of my rope. I've seen other people have this issue and have tried what seems like everything but nothing works.

I have a computer that I built, and recently replaced the hard drive in. It's a brand-new, completely clean hard drive; nothing has been installed on it yet. I insert my installation media for Windows 10 into the computer and boot it up.

However, after getting past the "loading files" screen, it gives me this error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

What is strange to me is that I AM trying to boot to a Windows installation disc. I've tried everything from changing the boot order in bios to completely unplugging all other storage and drives so theres nothing to boot but the usb and the harddrive. Please help because I'm getting really frustrated and confused.

Currently boot order is set: 1. Usb: kdi-msftwindows 10 pmap 2. Uefi: kdi-msftwindows10 pmap 3. Sata: st2000dm008-2fr102

I dont know why windows 10 shows up twice

Specs.

Motherboard: asrock 970m pro

Harddrive: seagate barracuda 2tb

Installation media: windows 10 usb

*I copied most of the text from other posts because it was easier than typing the exact same thing out* All details are specific to my system though.

:)

HaileyHall, Aug 6, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Windows boot error

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows boot error

1. Windows boot error - Similar Threads - boot error

2. Error sign: No boot disk has been detected or disk has failed on my pc window-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sign: No boot disk has been detected or disk has failed on my pc window-8: Can’t turn on pc because error :No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed Message on my blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-sign-no-boot-disk-has-been-detected-or-disk/fc511c88-7ba4-4ab4-b91c-0595f67ecd73
  3. Error sign: No boot disk has been detected or disk has failed on my pc window-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sign: No boot disk has been detected or disk has failed on my pc window-8: Can’t turn on pc because error :No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed Message on my blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-sign-no-boot-disk-has-been-detected-or-disk/fc511c88-7ba4-4ab4-b91c-0595f67ecd73
  4. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f: Hello Community members,My windows 10 system suddenly stopped working and showing the error 0xc000000fSteps I did:1. Created windows installation media using "media creation tool" in another PC2. goto startup menu > select Boot device options > USB Hard drive UEFI >...
  5. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f: Hello Community members,My windows 10 system suddenly stopped working and showing the error 0xc000000fSteps I did:1. Created windows installation media using "media creation tool" in another PC2. goto startup menu > select Boot device options > USB Hard drive UEFI >...
  6. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  8. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  9. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

10. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram