Windows 10: Windows boot error

Discus and support Windows boot error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i got new m.2 ssd and i copyed all my stuff from old ssd to new ssd and deleted everything on my old ssd. Then i guess something went wrong and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mihkel_314, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows boot error

Hi, i got new m.2 ssd and i copyed all my stuff from old ssd to new ssd and deleted everything on my old ssd. Then i guess something went wrong and I wasn't abled to boot from my new ssd and it showed error 0xc000000e so i put new demo windows on my old ssd in hopes that if i get it to boot up i can copy my old files from my new ssd and save them to a HDD and then put windows in this new ssd and copy my files back on it but then i read from somewhere that you cant just copy old programs and stuff from another hard drive and make it work with your new windows, so i deleted everything from my new ssd and put windows with flash drive on it and when i got it to boot up i "formated" my old drive so it deleted this demo windows version i had put there beforeon my old ssd, now comes the problem: if i put my boot option 1 as my new ssd it doesn't boot up but if i put this first and my old emty ssd as boot option 2 then it boots up, but i want to be able to boot up my windows from just my new m.2 hard drive without relying on my old ssd. If i remove my old ssd connection eith my motherboard then it doesnt boot up either. So how could i get windows on my new ssd to work properly?

:)

Mihkel_314, May 20, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 20, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows boot error

Windows 10, Boot error 0xc000014c

I've tried this but get, "the system cannot find the path specified", after inputting each CMD line.

Lord Gabalfa, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows boot error

1. Windows boot error - Similar Threads - boot error

2. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  3. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  4. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  5. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  6. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  8. Startup boot errors

Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  9. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot: I've recently have been having problems with my ram. I currently have 4 sticks in my system and it runs fine the first time I started it. Upon reboot, I get several errors.Disk scan PC Needs to be repaired: File: \windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys Error Code: 0x0000221 PC...