Windows 10: Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop

Discus and support Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using an ASUS TUF GAMING FX-505DD Laptop. Specs: Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx RAM : 8GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DheemanKuaner, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop

I am using an ASUS TUF GAMING FX-505DD Laptop.

Specs: Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

RAM : 8GB

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc FX505DD.306 12-07-2019

OS Build: Windows 10, 18362.356 (version 1903).

Now this is the problem:

I have SVM(which is the only way to enable virtualisation in my BIOS) enabled in my BIOS. I enabled sandbox from my OS and after enabling I got a dialog box asking me to restart, so I did. But after restarting, Windows fails to boot. I then had to restart again and disable SVM for the boot to happen. This time it booted. When I started sandbox from the start menu, it showed an error saying virtualization is not enabled. But I know that I cannot enable SVM because if I do so, my machine will not boot at all. SVM when enabled alone does not cause issues. But SVM along with sandbox or hypervisor fails to boot. Because of this I am not able to use Android studio properly. People earlier have also faced these issues and shared them in this forum but there has been no proper solution. That is why I am posting this query again. This problem seems to be bigger than people think it is. If there is a Microsoft representative, please read this and help me.

:)

DheemanKuaner, Oct 3, 2019

2. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

My laptop (Asus TUF FX505DU, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4-2666 run at DDR4-2400 by default, Windows 10 Education 1809) will not boot up (blank screen) after I enabled Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Features
    after SVM is enabled in BIOS. I have to hard shut down, F2 into BIOS to disable SVM in order to boot into Desktop properly.

Strange enough, if I just enable SVM in BIOS but not the Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Feature, it does boot.

Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks.

FranceTYing, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 3, 2019
  4. sweetlou6 Win User

Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop

Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox

Hi All,

After I've turn on Windows Sandbox feature and the PC is rebooting windows is crashing at boot multiple times. Only when I boot again with Safe mode, I get the following message: 'Windows couldn't complete the update/Undoing changes'.

At EventViewer: "The virtualization-based security enablement policy check at phase 0 failed with status: Virtual Secure Mode (VSM) is not initialized. The hypervisor or VSM may not be present or enabled."

BSOD viewer:

Windows  boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop d7899652-9583-460b-89b1-665eda79b66f?upload=true.png

I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 18362.116 build and the following config

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (4 Core, 64bit)

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon Vega 8 with AMD Radeon driver 19.5.2 (newest)

250GB SSD

In the UEFI Virtualization is enabled.

sweetlou6, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop

1. Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop - Similar Threads - boot failure enabling

2. svm enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svm enabled: Hello, today i enabled svm in my bios. After the restart of my Computer i wasnt able to get a Screen and i cant Go to the bios. It seems like my Monitor cant get a Connection to the Computer. Please help me....
  3. svm enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svm enabled: Hello, today i enabled svm in my bios. After the restart of my Computer i wasnt able to get a Screen and i cant Go to the bios. It seems like my Monitor cant get a Connection to the Computer. Please help me....
  4. svm enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM": Hello,I recently upgraded to win 11 pro to use windows sandbox and hyper-v. In "turn windows features on or off", upon enabling windows sandbox I was prompted to restart where the laptop got stuck in a boot loop. To fix I tried:-updating the bios-reinstalling windows-running...
  6. Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM"

Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM": Hello,I recently upgraded to win 11 pro to use windows sandbox and hyper-v. Using "turn windows features on or off", upon enabling windows sandbox I was prompted to restart where the laptop got stuck in a boot loop. I then tried updating the bios, reinstalling windows,...
  7. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE on boot when AMD SVM enabled

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE on boot when AMD SVM enabled: I noticed my virtualization support was disabled in BIOS, so I went in and enabled it - this caused an immediate on-boot NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, within half a second. No minidump was generated. Disabling SVM in BIOS caused the same problem. This virtualization support is the...
  8. Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled: [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hypervisor Platform using the Windows Features section, and the computer […] This article Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows is not booting after enabling the SVM feature from bios

Windows is not booting after enabling the SVM feature from bios: I have an Asus tuf fx505dt laptop with Ryson 5 processor and when I am enabling the SVM option from the bios Windows is not booting and showing a blank screen. I am trying to install the android emulator and this error is showing up, please help me with that....
  10. Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox

Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox: Hi All, After I've turn on Windows Sandbox feature and the PC is rebooting windows is crashing at boot multiple times. Only when I boot again with Safe mode, I get the following message: 'Windows couldn't complete the update/Undoing changes'. At EventViewer: "The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when svm mode is enabled computer will not boot

2. radeon vega mobile gfx problem virtualization hyperv

3. window cant open after enable svm mode

4. ASSUS motherborad not booting asfer virtualization enabled,
  5. asus svm bios crash,
  6. svm mode on ffreeze on boot,
  7. pc keep saying restart unsuccessful after turning on svm,
  8. Asus Tuf svm mode crash windows,
  9. window cant open after svm enabled in asus laptop,
  10. windows wont boot with svm enambed,
  11. windows sandbox blue screen on boot,