Windows 10: windows boot installation question

Discus and support windows boot installation question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; okay, this is probably a really stupid question, so i'll start by explaining my situation. essentially, i formatted my hard drive, and i've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clermontholiday, Oct 16, 2020.

1. windows boot installation question

okay, this is probably a really stupid question, so i'll start by explaining my situation. essentially, i formatted my hard drive, and i've tried everything to fix my computer, however because the hard drive is formatted, so was the operating system, which explains why nothing has fixed the issue and why my computer now is essentially bricked. the only thing i haven't tried is booting windows 10 back onto it from a usb flash drive. my currently bricked computer is a surface go, meaning it only has a usb c port, which also means i'd need to go buy an adapter in order to connect the bootable usb to it. however, i already have a micro usb to usb c adapter. so, my question is: can i connect my surface go to another working pc using that micro usb cable, plug the bootable usb into that other working pc, and boot windows onto the surface go like that? if so, how? i really don't think it would work but i'm in a situation where getting that sort of adapter would be difficult, and was wondering if i could do it this way. i can't find any real answers that are especially clear since my situation is rather odd. any feedback would help!

submitted by /u/clermontholiday
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clermontholiday, Oct 16, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. windows boot installation question

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

windows boot installation question

1. windows boot installation question - Similar Threads - boot installation question

2. Question on how Windows boots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question on how Windows boots: Hello,As part of my troubleshooting a problem with an application, I'm trying to understand the difference between how Windows 10 loads in Safe Mode and when you use the Selective Start Up function for having Windows boot with only Microsoft services enabled. An application...
  3. Activation/Boot Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activation/Boot Questions: Hi, have two questions regarding Windows 10 that I hope y'all can help me with. First off. I did a clean install of Windows 10, I thought I had purchased Pro through the Windows Store, but it turns out I had purchased Home, so now Microsoft won't let me activate it. I tried...
  4. Clean Boot Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Boot Question: To do a Clean Boot, it says: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10. Now, if I understand a user or administrator account, it is an account outside of Windows. So, assume I have a Windows problem and am told to open a user account and to do a Clean...
  5. Dual Boot Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Question: I wanted to update and run a dual boot on 2 separate ssd's. The original ssd has 8.1, and I tried to do an install using an ISO file I made of 10 on the other ssd but could not get past the authentication code since it would not accept my code for windows 8.1. After several...
  6. dual boot question

dual boot question: Thank you for taking the time to read this. I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. The upgrade to Win 10 is ready. Will the upgrade destroy my boot sector ? If it does, will I be able to re-install Linux after upgrading to Win 10 from Windows 7?...
  7. Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question

Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question: Just wondering if I Install windows 10 on UEFI to my Samsung 950 Pro ssd,is there a way to keep my other 2 mbr partitions dual boot windows 7's on my pc and convert the 2 win 7's somehow to UEFI.Just wondering if it can be done or is my dual boot 7's gone. 72462
  8. Dual Boot question

Dual Boot question: Hi, I have set a dual boot config, on a laptop with W 7 x64 preinstalled. Laptop has one disk drive, before dual boot, with 3 primary partitions, from left to right, in Computer Management: 1. Recovery OEM primary 15 GB 2. System Reserved 100 MB primary (70 MB free)...
  9. Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install

Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install: Hello, I recently upgraded my one laptop to windows 10 and thought I was doing a clean install but did not and wound up doing a restore that deleted everything. I downloaded windows 10 via the media creation tool in hopes of doing a clean install to my other laptop. I have...
  10. multi-boot Windows 10 install questions

multi-boot Windows 10 install questions: Currently I have XP Pro 32-bit, XP X64, and Win 7 Pro 64 bit installed on my system. Each OS is installed on a separate hard drive. The system has 4 hard drives (and 5 partitions per drive) and I've setup the 4th hard drive with empty partitions in case I decide to buy and...