Windows 10: Windows boot issue error message: “Can’t find device to boot from”

Discus and support Windows boot issue error message: “Can’t find device to boot from” in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning, I was on my computer, I turned it off. Then I returned from school and when I started it up, suddenly I heard this beaping noise, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineBeckford, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Windows boot issue error message: “Can’t find device to boot from”

This morning, I was on my computer, I turned it off. Then I returned from school and when I started it up, suddenly I heard this beaping noise, then it went to the windows loading screen, it fully loaded then the screen said "Can't find device to boot from", out of shock I went to YouTube 5i find a trouble shoot, and ithe video I watched said it had to do something with your hard drive. I did the windows built in diagnostic test and everything came back clear but on some of the diagnostic test, some of the results for the hard drive Were "Grey" or one with a ⚠ sign. I think this has something to do with my hard drive might be loose but I really don't know, I tried unscrewing it but it wouldn't do so, so I would really like a second opinion on the situation from the developers, please help me, I need to use my computer for recreational activities.

***Modified Title from: Can’t find device to boot from***

:)

ChristineBeckford, Mar 15, 2019

2. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Wiped Hard Drive Can't Boot Vista

I did try every possible boot order and even with deactivated options, which I don't even know how or if that is helpful. I will try the Vista possibilities. The OS was listed in the BIOS, whatever that means, and it said it was a factory version, which I think is a good thing.

The PXE error messages may have occurred when I activated the network adapter and tried that in the boot order. Obviously, I am in way over my head. Thanks for the suggestions!

Techtardette, Mar 15, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows boot issue error message: “Can’t find device to boot from”

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows boot issue error message: “Can’t find device to boot from”

1. Windows boot issue error message: “Can’t find device to boot from” - Similar Threads - boot issue error

2. Error message on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message on boot: Every time I boot, I get a message for "Desktop.ink - Notepad"[.ShellClassInfo]LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\Systemn32\shell32.dll,-21787What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-on-boot/b6358dd2-498c-4e25-8ba2-f4ad3d8854f8
  3. Error message on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message on boot: Every time I boot, I get a message for "Desktop.ink - Notepad"[.ShellClassInfo]LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\Systemn32\shell32.dll,-21787What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-on-boot/b6358dd2-498c-4e25-8ba2-f4ad3d8854f8
  4. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed error message.: Hello. When I open and start my Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga I get the usual screensaver but then very quickly the screen goes blue for a second and then I get this error screen.After I click OK I get this screenOn this screen, I cannot click anything or get off of it.When I hold...
  5. boot error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    boot error message: Upon boot up, I get this message: "we are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later." After a few minutes it changes to the correct account. How do I get it to boot to the correct account?...
  6. Can’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t boot: I get a message saying « Reboot and select proper boot device ... When I try to reboot I get the same message. What can I do? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot/d1733be0-836a-4270-8b16-4854f02b040b
  7. Can’t boot windows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can’t boot windows: Hi I recently had a crash (was trying to restart my pc because it was behaving odd, but it crashed before it could restart) and now it wont properly boot. Sometimes it gives a blue screen immediately (0xc000021a) and shuts down. Ive tried running quite a few repair options...
  8. "No boot device found" message on boot, but SSD can be booted from through the boot menu

"No boot device found" message on boot, but SSD can be booted from through the boot menu: Hi, I'm assisting with trying to resolve a problem on a computer running Windows 10. The problem appeared on first boot after the graphics card was upgraded. After showing POST on the first boot it started showing the Windows 7 startup logo, before soon after reporting an...
  9. Srttrail error can’t boot

Srttrail error can’t boot: I cant boot into windows and i cant reset my pc either i would apprieciate any help i can get thanks :)[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error-cant-boot/8cf4daa8-2faf-416e-a3a6-56d8d50c4fe1
  10. Can't find device to boot from

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find device to boot from: This morning, I was on my computer, I turned it off. Then I returned from school and when I started it up, suddenly I heard this beaping noise, then it went to the windows loading screen, it fully loaded then the screen said "Can't find device to boot from", out of shock I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find a boot device