Windows 10: Windows boot issues

Discus and support Windows boot issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought an ssd and installed windows 10, and I had a previously installed windows 8.1 on a hdd, which my brother was using. Since installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NihadK11, Apr 10, 2020.

1. NihadK11 Win User

Windows boot issues

I recently bought an ssd and installed windows 10, and I had a previously installed windows 8.1 on a hdd, which my brother was using. Since installing windows 10, I can't boot the windows 8.1 at all. I've tried several options and nothing worked. It reads the disk when I boot windows 10, but there isn't an option to boot windows 8.1 anywhere. What's more, if I take out the ssd, the windows 8.1 still won't boot. It only does so when I put in my old hdd on which I also had win 8.1 installed. Does anyone know how I can fix the issue.

:)

NihadK11, Apr 10, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows boot issues

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows boot issues

1. Windows boot issues - Similar Threads - boot issues

2. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  3. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  4. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  6. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  7. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues: I have a very strange problem with my computer and I need help.My PC specs are as follows:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHzGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10GB GDDR6XMOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus EliteRAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16SSD: Western...
  9. Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues

Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues: I have a very strange problem with my computer and I need help.My PC specs are as follows:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHzGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10GB GDDR6XMOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus EliteRAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16SSD: Western...
  10. Windows 11 usb boot issue

Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...