Windows 10: Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows

Discus and support Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To cut a long story short I ended up with two installs of Win10 on two partitions of the same drive. I then deleted one of these partitions along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rafd, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rafd Win User

Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows

To cut a long story short I ended up with two installs of Win10 on two partitions of the same drive. I then deleted one of these partitions along with its recovery partition. Now when I boot, the boot manager loads and shows two possible windows versions still. However, only the first one will boot (obviously) and the other fails. What is going on here and how to I prevent the boot manager from always opening?

Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 and Ubuntu Dual Boot in UEFI BIOS mode

I have installed Ubuntu on my with Windows 10 PC, it automatically sets GRUB as default boot loader which made loading of windows 10 very slow, I want windows 10 to be my default loader. My system BIOS mode is UEFI, please tell me some method so that I
    could set windows boot loader as my default boot loader, so that it could loader faster.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

Bilal-Riaz, Jan 27, 2016
  3. davexnet2 Win User
    Does/Could the Windows 10 boot loader affect Windows XP ?

<two versions of XP ?>

Historical reasons, I installed one for the family and the other for some testing purposes.

But that's besides the point surely?

My point is XP is working absolutely fine on the hardware but ONLY when I boot using XP's loader

natively. (directly from the Bios/HDD MBR)

My adventures with Windows 10 came to an abrupt end when the motherboard was replaced

and I lost activation. It is still installed though. If I purchase a retail Windows 10 and install it

to replace the one I just mentioned, I'm still going to face this same problem.

On this PC, Windows XP will not work properly if the Windows 10 loader is the first to get control,

as is the case in most dual boot scenarios.

When the Windows 10 boot loader gets control and the user selects "earlier versions of Windows",

the XP boot sector is loaded and all the old NTLDR/ntdetect.com/boot.ini gets control just as if you'd

booted to it directly from the bios/MBR.

So you would think the results for XP would be the same. But then why am I seeing these crashes

in XP when it is done that way?

davexnet2, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

right-click StartFlag
    select "Run"
    Type> msconfig
    select the "Boot" tab
    select the non-current OS
    hit Delete

Thema:

1. Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows - Similar Threads - boot loader sees

2. Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue: After the recent Windows 10 update, my computer will not boot. It just goes to a blank screen. The only way I have found to get in is to go into the bios boot loader and tell it which drive to boot from. Weird is that although it is saved to that same drive in the bios, but...
  3. winddows loader

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    winddows loader: kur galiu gauti universalia windows doader exe programa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winddows-loader/c3b177a0-6c97-4493-ae72-57004bc6fb7b"
  4. Windows' Boot loader installed itself on my old hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows' Boot loader installed itself on my old hard drive.: Yesterday I had put together my new machine and installed Windows 10 via USB, in UEFI. I have 2 hard drives, my new one which'll be the main one and another one from my old computer plugged in, to transfer files. Apparently the boot loader had installed itself on the old...
  5. Change Boot Loader location to C drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Boot Loader location to C drive?: Is it possible to fix so my Boot Manager is on the same drive as the OS? I remember having this problem before, and the solution was to basically install Windows with all other Disks disconnected. Which seems weird, i mean why would it even want to install the loader on...
  6. what's involved in the Win 10 boot loader repair ?

in Windows 10 Support
    what's involved in the Win 10 boot loader repair ?: I have a Windows XP/ Win 10 dual boot system, and I've also just moved to a replacement motherboard. The Win 10 handled the different motherboard in it's stride (except for activaton issue, but that's another story) The Windows XP *seems* like it is OK, but I'm getting...
  7. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.: The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before doing this i knew i was going to brick my windows installation. But now i really need to get my windows partition back up and...
  8. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...
  9. dual boot - boot loader not always loaded

dual boot - boot loader not always loaded: Hello! I got a problem with my Windows 10 / Windows 7 dual boot system. The boot loader does not come up every time. It depends on what I did before. Shut down Windows 10 -> boot loader does not show up on next boot and Windows 10 boots up. Reboot Windows 10 -> boot...
  10. Dual boot with two win 10 but after see only one!

Dual boot with two win 10 but after see only one!: I have two HDD. Bouth have 2 partitions C:, D; then seckond disk E; and G; drive. I shrinked my partition c to make unpartitioned space for seckond instal of win 10 witch is orginal windows Restarted and choze boot from dvd. Instalation went fine. I chozed new...