Windows 10: Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows

Discus and support Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To cut a long story short I ended up with two installs of Win10 on two partitions of the same drive. I then deleted one of these partitions along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rafd, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rafd Win User

Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows

To cut a long story short I ended up with two installs of Win10 on two partitions of the same drive. I then deleted one of these partitions along with its recovery partition. Now when I boot, the boot manager loads and shows two possible windows versions still. However, only the first one will boot (obviously) and the other fails. What is going on here and how to I prevent the boot manager from always opening?

Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 and Ubuntu Dual Boot in UEFI BIOS mode

I have installed Ubuntu on my with Windows 10 PC, it automatically sets GRUB as default boot loader which made loading of windows 10 very slow, I want windows 10 to be my default loader. My system BIOS mode is UEFI, please tell me some method so that I
    could set windows boot loader as my default boot loader, so that it could loader faster.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

Bilal-Riaz, Jan 27, 2016
  3. davexnet2 Win User
    Does/Could the Windows 10 boot loader affect Windows XP ?

<two versions of XP ?>

Historical reasons, I installed one for the family and the other for some testing purposes.

But that's besides the point surely?

My point is XP is working absolutely fine on the hardware but ONLY when I boot using XP's loader

natively. (directly from the Bios/HDD MBR)

My adventures with Windows 10 came to an abrupt end when the motherboard was replaced

and I lost activation. It is still installed though. If I purchase a retail Windows 10 and install it

to replace the one I just mentioned, I'm still going to face this same problem.

On this PC, Windows XP will not work properly if the Windows 10 loader is the first to get control,

as is the case in most dual boot scenarios.

When the Windows 10 boot loader gets control and the user selects "earlier versions of Windows",

the XP boot sector is loaded and all the old NTLDR/ntdetect.com/boot.ini gets control just as if you'd

booted to it directly from the bios/MBR.

So you would think the results for XP would be the same. But then why am I seeing these crashes

in XP when it is done that way?

davexnet2, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

right-click StartFlag
    select "Run"
    Type> msconfig
    select the "Boot" tab
    select the non-current OS
    hit Delete

Thema:

1. Windows boot loader sees two installs of Windows - Similar Threads - boot loader sees

2. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  3. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  4. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system

GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system: I have a system that was previously installed with Ubuntu and now has Windows 11. Unfortunately it seems to still use the GRUB boot loader when booting initially. I've tried repairing the MBR using win11 installation media but this has not had any affect. Any suggestions?...
  6. Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader: So earlier I was doing edits on some pictures in Lightroom, when the program began to lag, and after a while a black square popped up in the middle of my screen and my PC blue screened. I let it gather the information, and eventually it rebooted but once it rebooted it was...
  7. Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader

Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader: So earlier I was doing edits on some pictures in Lightroom, when the program began to lag, and after a while a black square popped up in the middle of my screen and my PC blue screened. I let it gather the information, and eventually it rebooted but once it rebooted it was...
  8. Re-install a clean windows 10, when Boot Loader is "ON".

Re-install a clean windows 10, when Boot Loader is "ON".: Hi, Does anyone KNOW, how to reinstall WINDOWS 10, clean, from a USB KEy i've got, on a PC that shows BOOT LOADER at startup ??? See picture below. I only need to re-install the windows system, on one of those volumes. Any idea ? I'm lost. And no complicated code to...
  9. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue

Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue: After the recent Windows 10 update, my computer will not boot. It just goes to a blank screen. The only way I have found to get in is to go into the bios boot loader and tell it which drive to boot from. Weird is that although it is saved to that same drive in the bios, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boot loader sees two installs of windows

2. windows boot loader sees 2 windows