Windows 10: Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Discus and support Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samchan2, Aug 14, 2018.

1. samchan2 Win User

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by booting windows from a usb with windows 10 disc image. I choose the option for "repair your computer" -> "use another operating system" -> there are three operating system to choose from but all of them are windows 10, i tried the first one but didn't fix the problem so i tried the last one and i successfully get into the login screen. But this doesn't fix the boot loop problem at all since it is occuring again today and i have to do the above process once again!

I think the problem should be caused by failed windows update and then checked my update:

-2018-08 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

Install error - 0x80070643

I don't know if this is what cause the boot loop but the problem all started after i uninstall windows 10 update assistant several times to try stop it from updating temporarily and I remember I've uninstalled one of the installed updates with the name like "synaptic mouse....." . I can only remember these two changes I've made that might cause this problem.. PLS HELP ME!!!

:)

samchan2, Aug 14, 2018
  2. jjjjswan Win User

Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Aug 14, 2018
  3. p_709 Win User
    Windows 10 Installation HP stream - Windows 8: attempting to recover installation... restoring your previous version of windows... loops over and over and over and over again

HP stream loop: attempting to recover installation... restoring your previous version of windows...

p_709, Aug 14, 2018
  4. AndyFord Win User

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Attempting Recover of Installation - Restoring Previous version

So my system has worked fine for months until the other day when I woke the monitor it had a rotating circle, so I left it for a few minutes and nothing, a few hours and still nothing.

So hard reset, the system came back to "Attempting Recover of Installation" bearing in mind I've been running W10 since last year with no issues, it then just sat there again with the rotating circle, so again I gave it an hour "just in case" yes you guessed
    it nothing. So I hard reset it again and this time it boot to "Restoring Previous version".

I have tried several posted solutions (Windows 10 "attempting to recover installation, restoring your previous version of windows...") and several others, however, now I find myself back to
    the "Attempting Recover of Installation - Restoring Previous version" near every other day and it's becoming a pain to keep resetting it..

Could someone at MS please post another solution to this issue...

AndyFord, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous... - Similar Threads - boot loop problem

2. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  3. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  4. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.: I decided to switch back to windows 10 from 11, and when I did, it restarted my computer, and says restoring your previous version of windows. it then restarts again, says the same thing, rinse and repeat for over an hour now. There is no way to access settings or anything to...
  6. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.: I decided to switch back to windows 10 from 11, and when I did, it restarted my computer, and says restoring your previous version of windows. it then restarts again, says the same thing, rinse and repeat for over an hour now. There is no way to access settings or anything to...
  7. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

8. "Restoring your previous version of Windows" loop

"Restoring your previous version of Windows" loop: To start things off, I do believe that this was my fault. I didn't want wait for my computer to update when I restarted my computer so I held the power button and when I tried to get back in, the loop began. So my boot process will start off with my ASUS splash screen...
  9. Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop

in Windows 10 News
    Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop: [ATTACH] Many a time when Windows 10 Update fails, it tries to restore it to the previous version of Windows to give you back a working Windows 10 PC. While most of the time it works, sadly if it is either [...] This post Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or...
  10. "Restoring your previous version of Windows"loop.

"Restoring your previous version of Windows"loop.: Got force updated to the next windows and now whenever I try to start my computer it says "Restoring your previous version of Windows" and I'm stuck in a loop. I don't understand why we HAVE to update. I have to work on this computer and now I cant. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Attempting to recover installation

2. attempting to recover installation loop

3. attempting to recover previous version loop

4. Windows 8 attempting to restore installation undoing changes made to your computer loop,
  5. windows 10 update attempting to recover installation loop,
  6. attempting to recover installation labtop problem,
  7. attemting recovery installation loop lenovo,
  8. attemting recovery installation loop,
  9. laptop stuck attempting to recover installation undoung changes windows 10 10,
  10. my computer windows 10 is stuck on attempting to recover; undoing changes made to your computer. I can not do anything to recover or trouble shoot because I can not remember my passwor,
  11. attempting to recover installation loop 1903,
  12. attempting to recover previous version of windows loop window recovery,
  13. lenovo attempting to recover installation,
  14. windows attempting to recover installation,
  15. attemping to recover installation dell installation