Windows 10: Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one...

Discus and support Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have no other OS installed or even any other version of windows installed. in spite of this windows boot manager starts up everytime i boot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chandrashekhar_162, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one...

I have no other OS installed or even any other version of windows installed. in spite of this windows boot manager starts up everytime i boot my computer and asks to choose an operating system. I've checked msconfig and there is only one OS listed and set to default i.e. windows 10

Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one... [​IMG] Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one... 3104511d-39b6-4d90-ba41-c09eeebb1d02?upload=true.png

:)

Chandrashekhar_162, Aug 16, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows boot manager

Hi Robert,

Windows boot manager may show upon startup if there are other entries present in
    msconfig
    or if there are other operating systems installed on your computer. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you installed any other Operating Systems on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one...

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one...

1. Windows boot manager asks everytime to choose an OS at startup instead of having only one... - Similar Threads - boot manager asks

2. Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS: Hello all,I have 2 nvme SSDs on my system that each contains its own Windows installation, one with Windows 10, one with Windows 11.I bought the second SSD a few months back, installed Windows 11 on it, and it works like a charm. However, I am always prompted with the select...
  3. Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS: Hello all,I have 2 nvme SSDs on my system that each contains its own Windows installation, one with Windows 10, one with Windows 11.I bought the second SSD a few months back, installed Windows 11 on it, and it works like a charm. However, I am always prompted with the select...
  4. Only one system selection on boot startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Only one system selection on boot startup: In my system i have 2 windows installed one on C and one on disk J. In my msconfig i see both but on stratup i see only one windows and not 2, so i need every time to select one of this as default and in this way on startup i can select the windows that i want. There is the...
  5. Hi,installed windows and it turns on only from windows boot manager but I have only one os...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi,installed windows and it turns on only from windows boot manager but I have only one os...: Hi,installed windows and it turns on only from windows boot manager but I have only one os .and windows boot manager is too slow and no hard drive is showing in UEFI BOOT...
  6. Boot Manager asks me to choose

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Manager asks me to choose: After migrating my OS to a new SSD I get asked to choose an operating system with a 30-second timer. The choices are Windows System 10 and Windows Setup.I have formatted the old HDD that contained Windows originally.I've tried Disc Cleanup and Clean System Files, and I've run...
  7. Startup repair loop, Two OS Boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup repair loop, Two OS Boot manager: Hi, I am using HP notebook 1000Tu laptop. I have a 500gb hdd and I also thrashed an ssd into the optical disk drive slot using a caddy. I am using windows 10. Which is using the ssd as the primary C drive. Everything was fine untill yesterday, when I updated the windows to...
  8. Dual Boot Only Boots Into Default OS- "Choose Operating System" broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Only Boots Into Default OS- "Choose Operating System" broken: I have a dual boot system, and at the blue selection screen "Choose Operating System", it offers the choice between two builds of Win10. Before an update 'broke' it, I would just click on which OS I wanted, and it would boot into that OS. Now, it only allows me to boot into...
  9. Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS: Hi, the scenario is: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for experiments C: can see D: but cannot see E: E: cannot see C: and D: I want to apply BitLocker only for C: and D: while E: can remain without it. Is that possible? Both C: and E: has quick boot disabled....
  10. On startup I have to choose which OS I want.

in Windows 10 Support
    On startup I have to choose which OS I want.: On my laptop my OS is Windows 10 and only Windows 10. When I first bought the laptop it has Windows 7 installed. I then did a clean install of Windows 8 when it came out. This past July I did a clean install of Windows 10. A few weeks ago I kept getting the blue screen of...