Windows 10: Windows boot manager boot failed

Discus and support Windows boot manager boot failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicoleLouli, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows boot manager boot failed

im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial stateand lose all my data. I pulled my HDD out and made a backup then I used the restore option which brought me to win 8.1 as out-of-box.

then I downloaded win10 media creation tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10.

I followed the steps. it downloaded win10 and then ask me whether to keep my file or not. I chose save ''nothing'' then the pc did a restart and started the installation procces. once it finished it did some restart and again the "windows boot manager boot failed" showed up again.

is there anything I can do further?

thank you.

my pc: Lenovo g50 i7 5500 Windows boot manager boot failed 70931680-006a-418f-a91e-bcab641b8f0a?upload=true.png

:)

NicoleLouli, Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Boot Manager Is Missing

You need to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment. For that you need to boot into Recovery Environment and perform a "Startup Repair". If that fails then boot into WinRE again, and go to the "Command Prompt" and execute this command:

Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

Restore boot manager when it is missing or compressed – Smallvoid.com
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

You can look here too

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

(indeed you need a windows dvd)

Drone, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows boot manager boot failed

Quad booting

I would use Grub if I were you to.manage the OS boot list rather than Windows boot manager. I've had much better luck over the years that way...more stable, easier to fix, easy to modify.

Kursah, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows boot manager boot failed

1. Windows boot manager boot failed - Similar Threads - boot manager boot

2. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to start boot manager: I recently purchased a gigabyte G5 MD laptop, It is saying i need to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. It came preloaded with windows, what should I do?File: \windows\system32\winload.efistatus: 0xc0000225...
  3. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to start boot manager: I recently purchased a gigabyte G5 MD laptop, It is saying i need to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. It came preloaded with windows, what should I do?File: \windows\system32\winload.efistatus: 0xc0000225...
  4. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed: My PC was updating and i'm guessing something went wrong in the process, but it's now giving me the boot manager failed message. I tried doing the F8 trick to start the recovery, but that didn't work. It only stays at the Lenovo logo and then does nothing else. I'm not sure...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed: My PC was updating and i'm guessing something went wrong in the process, but it's now giving me the boot manager failed message. I tried doing the F8 trick to start the recovery, but that didn't work. It only stays at the Lenovo logo and then does nothing else. I'm not sure...
  7. Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10: I have an older Lenovo Yoga 2 11 with windows 10. I have been on the Windows Insider update program for some time. Several months ago, after an insider update, and i'm not sure which number update it is, I got a "Windows Boot Manager boot failed" message when I turned the...
  8. Failed windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed windows boot manager: Hi there I've experience a problem with my laptop after I downloaded the windows 10 tool to change from 32bit to 64bit. The file was successfully downloaded and i restarted my laptop without opening the file thinking nothing will happen, well...it did. It keeps on...
  9. Can't boot my Tablet. Windows Boot Manager boot failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot my Tablet. Windows Boot Manager boot failed.: Hi, I recently discovered this awesome forum, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this issue. I'm really desperate ... *Sick My tablet's model is Linx 1010 (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33Ghz, 2GB RAM) with Microsoft Windows 10 32 bits pre-installed on it. I have been using...
  10. Windows Boot Manager - Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Manager - Failed: [img] Can anyone tell me how to resolve a Windows failed to start issue on a Windows 10 computer? Status: 0xc0000225 Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. The computers worked fine for a couple days. After the end-users powered off and turn it...