Windows 10: Windows Boot Manager instantly shuts off when POST is done

Discus and support Windows Boot Manager instantly shuts off when POST is done in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was doing some driver/software updates from ASUS, and it told me to restart. But here's things getting worse, it wouldn't boot after is restarts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raymond1227, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Windows Boot Manager instantly shuts off when POST is done

I was doing some driver/software updates from ASUS, and it told me to restart. But here's things getting worse, it wouldn't boot after is restarts. Like when you tap the power button to power on the laptop, it instantly shuts down and proceeds to boot loop after you hear the hard disk running for half a second. UEFI works completely fine.I tried using System Restore Point, fixing boot record via command prompt, uninstall updates, either they didn't help or it would say error performing uninstalling updates.Also there is no reset option anywhere in the Windows Installer ISO file via Repair my P

:)

raymond1227, Oct 13, 2021

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Windows Boot Manager instantly shuts off when POST is done

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Boot Manager instantly shuts off when POST is done

1. Windows Boot Manager instantly shuts off when POST is done - Similar Threads - Boot Manager instantly

2. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  3. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  4. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I make Windows instant off when I select shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Windows instant off when I select shut down?: When I shut down via the start menu Windows doesn't shut down it just sits there confused with the circle thing for about a half a minute. How can set up Windows so when I select shut down it's instant off, no power, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Instant off like I...
  6. How do I make Windows instant off when I select shut down?

How do I make Windows instant off when I select shut down?: When I shut down via the start menu Windows doesn't shut down it just sits there confused with the circle thing for about a half a minute. How can set up Windows so when I select shut down it's instant off, no power, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Instant off like I...
  7. Windows Turns Off HDR Instantly

Windows Turns Off HDR Instantly: All of a sudden I can't enable HDR in Windows. The second I click "Use HDR", the button just goes from being on to instantly off. Seems to be a Windows-side issue as on the monitor everything is set up correctly to allow for HDR. Even before if HDR was turned off on the...
  8. pc shuts off instantly when not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc shuts off instantly when not connected to internet: hi 1st time every posting here! trying to figure out how come when ever i unplug Ethernet cord, disable network adapter or ever unplug my router my pc just shuts off after that it will constantly turn on quickly then shut off quickly i find unplugging the power cord and...
  9. PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN???: Hello, Just as my title states, my PC has been shutting off at random times Like, you can see all the lights in my PC go off and then it instantly restarts. It happened twice in a row to me yesterday morning but after that, it was completely fine for the rest of that day....
  10. My PC Randomly shuts off when booting windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC Randomly shuts off when booting windows: So my specs are Ryzen 7 1800x, GTX 1080ti and a Crosshair VI Extreme Motherboard. When I turn my pc on it works fine for a few minutes but then it just shuts off like somebody pressed the power button for 5 sec and forced that kind of crash. I checked its not a temperature...