Windows 10: Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update

Discus and support Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got a nice I7 computer with 16 GB RAM that's been running every since Windows 7 days. It's about 7 or 8 years old now and I'm running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillTillman, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update

I've got a nice I7 computer with 16 GB RAM that's been running every since Windows 7 days. It's about 7 or 8 years old now and I'm running Windows 10 on it. Just recently I rebuilt the thing using Windows 10 and an extra hard driver I had laying around. All went well until the next day when the full update took place and now when the computer restarts it will not boot. The only way I found around this is to hit Del or F2 before it boots to get to the BIOS menu. There I can see that is has the drive and the USB stick and the CD ROM. But there is also a listing for Windows Boot Manager. I have never encountered this on this computer before and I've reinstalled Windows 10 on it at least a dozen times. When I select this option as the boot priority it runs and all is well. But when I shut it down and restart it will not boot again unless I go into the BIOS and set the boot device to be the Windows Boot Manager. Like I said, this has never happened with this computer before and yahoo and bing searches are not coming up with much thus far.

:)

BillTillman, May 20, 2020

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 20, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 20, 2020
  4. Dandel Win User

Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update

1. Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update - Similar Threads - Boot Manager computer

2. Computer stuck in boot manager after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck in boot manager after reset: I've been experiencing a lot of issues with windows 10 recently. I decided to start over and reset my laptop. But for some reason after the "resetting your pc" phase i saw a bluescreen. Then i was booted into "windows boot manager. I saw 2 duplicate OSes called "windows 10"....
  3. Computer stuck in boot manager after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck in boot manager after reset: I've been experiencing a lot of issues with windows 10 recently. I decided to start over and reset my laptop. But for some reason after the "resetting your pc" phase i saw a bluescreen. Then i was booted into "windows boot manager. I saw 2 duplicate OSes called "windows 10"....
  4. Computer stuck in boot manager after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer will not boot after update.

Computer will not boot after update.: So I wanted to sell an old laptop I had and was working on resetting it, but I was updating Windows and it needed to restart and it restarted and installed the update and then it just stopped booting. The screen will turn on and off every couple of seconds but nothing...
  6. Boot manager loop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot manager loop after windows update: When I updated windows, it left me on a blank screen for over an hour so I turned it off, after that it wouldn't boot, after trying a tutorial online involving the command prompt, it keeps loading into the boot menu and doesn't let me off it, when I try and pick an option it...
  7. Windows Boot manager going straight to BIOS after install.

Windows Boot manager going straight to BIOS after install.: Hi, Yet another install restart loop question:I'm installing on my SATA via a USB. I go through the install process, delete partitions, install fresh, it goes through the install. Then once it finishes it needs to restart. If I leave the USB stick in the install goes back...
  8. Can’t get standard windows boot manager screen ONLY legacy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t get standard windows boot manager screen ONLY legacy: Can’t get standard windows boot manager screen ONLY legacy have tried setting it with bcdedit, have deleted the boot manager screen, goes straight to windows, then recreated it, but still get the black legacy screen have UEFI Bios set thanks...
  9. Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager": Every time my system starts, it goes to a black screen that says something like "no OS detected; press any key to continue." When I do that, it keeps going back to the same screen. The only solution I've found is to hit f12 and in the bios options, starting it in "windows...
  10. Clean install - the only way to go!

Clean install - the only way to go!: It has taken me twenty-nine days to figure out that I was just plain wrong in my assumptions regarding Windows 10. I had accepted the hype about the ease that this OS would bring to me. What I should have done was read more carefully and then chosen more wisely the way I went...