Windows 10: Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

Discus and support Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Two days ago my Laptop MSI GF63, with Windows 11 installed wouldn't boot, instead an old grub installation showed up indicating that no windows boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RaphaelEnßlin, May 21, 2022.

1. Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

Two days ago my Laptop MSI GF63, with Windows 11 installed wouldn't boot, instead an old grub installation showed up indicating that no windows boot manager was found. Indeed, BIOS showed no windows boot manager, only grub. Problem is, that my Main partition is encrypted with Bitlocker no PIN or Password, only TPM chip. Unfortunately the recovery keys in my Microsoft account are outdated all together newest from 2021/12, while recovery via Windows-USB wanted key from 2022/02.with GParted and Diskpart I saw, that there are still 4 intact Partitions, 1 correctly identified as bitlocker ri

:)

RaphaelEnßlin, May 21, 2022

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 21, 2022
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 21, 2022
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

1. Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System - Similar Threads - Boot Manager found

2. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...: Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption....
  3. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...: Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption....
  4. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System: Two days ago my Laptop MSI GF63, with Windows 11 installed wouldn't boot, instead an old grub installation showed up indicating that no windows boot manager was found. Indeed, BIOS showed no windows boot manager, only grub. Problem is, that my Main partition is encrypted with...
  6. Bitlocker encryption and system variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption and system variables: I have a serious problem with my Windows PC. I accidentally deleted my system variables so some features stopped working. I tried to reset my PC but it is protected with Bitlocker, I can't find my keys from my system because it's not working properly. My Microsoft is not...
  7. Bitlocker encryption and system variables

Bitlocker encryption and system variables: I have a serious problem with my Windows PC. I accidentally deleted my system variables so some features stopped working. I tried to reset my PC but it is protected with Bitlocker, I can't find my keys from my system because it's not working properly. My Microsoft is not...
  8. Bitlocker encryption and system variables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager: So, yeah my entire boot manager partition was deleted so I am looking for help recovering my data and getting the boot manager back, without a full re-installation, because that will destroy all other partitions on my hardrive...
  10. How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted?: This is on a new Dell Inspiron computer. The OS(C) partition is BitLocker Encrypted. [img] How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted? I've looked up Bitlocker Encrypted but I need some simple explanations please. 103548