Windows 10: windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

Discus and support windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; im guessing since i have windows installed on my sdd i should have windows boot manager show up in my uefi/bios boot options right? it doesnt. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by d6m6nt6dhahahaha, Dec 11, 2020.

1. windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

im guessing since i have windows installed on my sdd i should have windows boot manager show up in my uefi/bios boot options right?

it doesnt. i have windows installed on another sdd too and when i put that sdd into my pc and open bios, i have windows boot manager for it, so whats up with this other sdd and why does windows boot manager not show up in the boot options?

this prevented me from booting into windows for a big while, until i figured out how to boot into windows

i have a b450 aorus elite, for me DEL is the key to enter UEFI and F12 is for the UEFI boot manager. when i enter the uefi boot manager i actually have more boot options, none of them is windows boot manager, but one of them is just EMPTY, blank. this is the option that actually lets me boot into windows and im guessing that option is actually windows boot manager. why is it blank? how do i fix this?

:)

d6m6nt6dhahahaha, Dec 11, 2020

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Dec 11, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Dec 11, 2020
  4. windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

1. windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi - Similar Threads - boot manager showing

2. BIOS not showing up on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS not showing up on boot: Hello people!I'm having this problem that I need to be able to reach BIOS as I want to try linux. 2 days earlier I was able to reach it but since yesterday when my PC boots there's nothing but a flash and then win11 login screen. Last time I didn't modify BIOS and it stated...
  3. BIOS not showing up on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS not showing up on boot: Hello people!I'm having this problem that I need to be able to reach BIOS as I want to try linux. 2 days earlier I was able to reach it but since yesterday when my PC boots there's nothing but a flash and then win11 login screen. Last time I didn't modify BIOS and it stated...
  4. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios: Hey, I have the b550 aorus elite and Im attempting to install windows onto an m.2 ssd. when installing windows, it recognises the m.2 however after installing, it is not recognised in boot sequence. also, In boot sequence, the Windows boot manager is not showing up at all. I...
  5. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios: Hey, I have the b550 aorus elite and Im attempting to install windows onto an m.2 ssd. when installing windows, it recognises the m.2 however after installing, it is not recognised in boot sequence. also, In boot sequence, the Windows boot manager is not showing up at all. I...
  6. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.: My PC had preintsalled Windows 10UEFI.Last month,I installed some linux operating systems in my pcLegacy.So,I know that windows won't show on the grub boot menu.To start windows,I should go to the boot menu and select the "windows boot manager".Yesterday,I installed another...
  8. Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS: Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS And Still Boots. Is It Fine? Is It Something To Be Worried About? Should I Backup All Data Now? submitted by /u/PalPalash [link] [comments]...
  9. UEFI: Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI: Windows Boot Manager: Hello guys first-timer here. I was wondering if I messed up something in my computer. Sorry for a bit lengthy post. What happened was, a few days ago I changed my power supply into a new one and decided to clean case along the way. I had disconnected everything and...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS: So I recently dual booted with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided that I don't want Ubuntu at all anymore. I booted up my computer, was taken to the grub menu like usual, and I booted up using the Windows 10 Boot Manager. After that, I signed in, searched up disk management,...