Windows 10: windows boot manager problem

Discus and support windows boot manager problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I actually have 2 problems that i might need help with. 1st - I have an internal HDD where i just keep my old files, suddenly it stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lethaldj13, Apr 10, 2019.

1. windows boot manager problem

Hi! I actually have 2 problems that i might need help with.

1st - I have an internal HDD where i just keep my old files, suddenly it stopped working and it hangs my computer whenever i try to access it. It gets read by the Bios and "this pc" but when you try to click it to see the content/properties it just hangs for a couple of minutes then displays that you can't access this drive. Under drive management it somehow appeared as "RAW"

windows boot manager problem [​IMG]

2nd - since this drive is failing, My boot time have gone slow. I tried to remove this drive and the computer wont boot even tho the OS is not installed on that drive. I checked and saw that the "Windows boot manager" is on this drive. Is there a way for me to move this windows boot manager to the drive C? It boots somehow when the drive is attached but it is super slow in comparison to the previous boot time when the drive was working fine before.

any help / insight on this matter is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

windows boot manager problem [​IMG]

:)

lethaldj13, Apr 10, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 10, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

windows boot manager problem

Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

windows boot manager problem

1. windows boot manager problem - Similar Threads - boot manager problem

2. Windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager problem: Hi, So about 3 weeks ago I did the update from win10 to win11, but I had to convert C: drive from MBR to GPT I did it with the MBR2GPT command. Since then, I was able to enable UEFI mode in BIOS but my boot drive went from M.2 Samsung evo 2 wich is my C: drive to Windows boot...
  3. Windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot manager problem: Hi, So about 3 weeks ago I did the update from win10 to win11, but I had to convert C: drive from MBR to GPT I did it with the MBR2GPT command. Since then, I was able to enable UEFI mode in BIOS but my boot drive went from M.2 Samsung evo 2 wich is my C: drive to Windows boot...
  4. Problem with windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows boot manager: I have installed windows on dual boot . One on SSD and one on HDD .I have deleted the windows partition on HDD and accidentally removed SSD boot manager in BIOS .I can still boot into windows on SSD with HDD boot manager . Now i would like to format my hard disk . could...
  5. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  6. Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager: Hi, Today i was casually using my PC, when suddenly my screen freezed and I got the BSOD. Shortly after that the computer rebooted itself and instead of normally booting it displayed a message saying that I have to instert the proper boot device. I googled a bit and thought...
  7. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...
  8. Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot manager problem: How can I solve it? Every time when I start my laptop the below setting appear on my screen. And after pressing enter button my windows turn on. I don't want this interruption. I have tried to solve it lots of time but I have failed. Need some technical support.[IMG]...
  9. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...
  10. Problems with Windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Windows boot manager: I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had installed OpenELEC (a portable KODI OS if you will). I can access OpenELEC via NUC's boot manager/BIOS but that's pretty clumsy...