Windows 10: Windows Boot Manager useless

Discus and support Windows Boot Manager useless in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello internet, First of all thanks for any reply. Recently I had a lot of weird problems with my booting. Long story short, Windows Boot Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Silas Peters, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows Boot Manager useless

Hello internet,

First of all thanks for any reply.

Recently I had a lot of weird problems with my booting. Long story short, Windows Boot Manager was installed on my HDD, while windows is installed on the SSD. When booting from Windows Boot Manager, windows can't boot. And it was way worse before fixing some things; I had the reinstall windows one time.

So when removing the HDD windows boots perfectly from my SSD. When inserting the HDD again and removing it from the boot-up list, same thing. But i am still stuck with the Windows Boot Manager sitting ducks on my HDD, and since windows didn't need it to boot I want to remove it. I like my PC clean.

So question is: Can I remove the Windows Boot Manager? If so, how? The PC is fresh, and I am able to format the HDD.

Thanks,

Silas

:)

Silas Peters, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Feb 25, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Windows Boot Manager useless

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Boot Manager useless

1. Windows Boot Manager useless - Similar Threads - Boot Manager useless

2. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Manager: I'll be honest. I hit my laptop today in a rage around the right side of the track pad, and then when I tried to close my game the screen froze. I restarted the laptop and now it comes up with windows boot manager. I don't know how to get past it. There's two tabs, and under...
  3. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Manager: Hi everyone, Over the past year, I’ve had issues where my computer starts up and I get a blue screen telling me the boot options are wrong I forget the exact wording. I use the Escape button to open the BIOS settings, where I change the boot for my first device to EUFI...
  4. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager: Please help me fix Windows boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-manager/7c342cd3-0a72-477d-86a5-b51058d5cec3
  5. windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows boot manager: I have an asus x99-a motherboard. when I enter the bios boot menu there is a line Hard Drive BBS Priorities. I have two bootable dries, P3 and P7. They used to come up in the list showing they were using the widows boot manager. Recently windows boot manager has disappeared...
  6. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager: Something very concerning is happening to my windows, I just installed some windows update. And when it restarted itself I saw a blink of a Windows boot manager with some weird stuff in it. So I restarted it again to see what it is and now It says "Choose operating system to...
  7. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.To fix the problem: Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. choose your language settings and then click next. click "repair your computer" File:...
  8. Windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager: So im trying to install a new m.2 drive in addition to my almost full 500 GB, and upon booting into the bios I saw that my pc was only booting into windows boot manager. I tried to set boot priority to the 500GB ssd which has my OS installed on it... however it gave me a...
  9. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: Hello , I have it a dual boot ( Linux and Windows 10 Home edition ) after I formatted linux partition I restarted the laptop and the grub rescue showed up I tried with set prefix and set boot , nothing worked , then I tried to put the original windows usb stick, after I...
  10. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed on a Samsung 850 pro SSD. In Bios it lists Windows Boot Manager as the #1 option. I selected Samsung ssd as my #1 option, saved and exited. Computer will not boot. Says No OS found-insert media and restart. Did that a couple times. No Boot. Set...