Windows 10: Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

Discus and support Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rob cad, Aug 6, 2022.

1. rob cad Win User

Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to use: the Windows installed on my SSD or the Windows installed on my hard drive.If I start my PC with the hard drive disconnected I get a "Reboot and select proper boot device" error.How can I move the boot manager to the SSD so that I can wipe my hard drive?Will I have to reinstall windows again?Thanks,Rob.

:)

rob cad, Aug 6, 2022

2. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Aug 6, 2022
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

windows won't boot from ssd

computer is now booting im still missing a drive or partition tho, its in my device manager and in bios. currently i have C: wich is my ssd i have e: which is my 500gb hdd im missing D: which is my 1tb drive and i also have an F: which says system reserve 100mb ive never had that before

i used the easeus program listed above and it found the partition, it needs to be formatted how do i go about formatting a drive that i wont be installing an OS on...bootdisk?

moocow0463, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

1. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD - Similar Threads - boot manager won't

2. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  3. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  4. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD: Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to...
  6. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD: Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD: I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal use, the SSD won't boot into Windows and I'm getting a BSOD Strttrail.txt Error, Windows is not able to repair it and it...
  8. New NVME SSD - Windows Boot Manager

New NVME SSD - Windows Boot Manager: Hi all - I'm looking for a little bit of guidance. I have a custom PC (Windows 10 (1909), Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard) and I have just upgraded from a WD 1TB HDD to a 2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVME. I used the Samsung Data Migration software to migrate from the HDD to the...
  9. Issues with new SSD windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with new SSD windows boot manager: Hi, I recently upgraded my SSD to a larger size, when I first powered on my PC it worked fine, but when windows restarted I was put into windows boot manager, and it gave me the error that no HDD was found (error 2100). but when i powered off my PC and Powered it on again, I...
  10. Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager: Recently I did install a new SSD into my Aurora R7. I've unplugged my HDD, installed the SSD, used Windows on an USB and installed the Windows on the SSD. Then formatted the HDD. It works fine and my computer boots in seconds but if I go to BIOS and try to change the boot...