Windows 10: Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem.

Discus and support Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As you can see, my disks are a bit of a mess, as it's an old PC with old HDDs. [ATTACH] The problem: I'm trying to merge all the partitions in Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aymendrk, Dec 30, 2020.

1. aymendrk Win User

Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem.

As you can see, my disks are a bit of a mess, as it's an old PC with old HDDs.

Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem. c91a0c44-4ec6-4a9c-b6db-795ae5c8d1fd?upload=true.jpg

The problem: I'm trying to merge all the partitions in Disk 0, but I can't wipe drive C: because it has an old and corrupted version of Windows 7 that used to be my main boot device. I tried to set the drive to Inactive using DISKPART in order to wipe it, but that makes the bootup broken as it requires C: to be active. I've had to boot from a USB just to get to CMD to set it as active again. I'm not sure if it has something to do with BOOTMGR or anything, but any help would be welcome.

I want a way to be able to format C: to merge all Disk 0, and to merge those small, unused allocations.

Thank you.

:)

aymendrk, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Pinchy Win User

Boot Problems Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem. :(

Just out of interest, what got you the BIOS screen?

And in the BIOS, is everything set correctly, like is the raptor master, caviar slave, etc etc? And is the master set to boot up windows first in the boot priority list?

Pinchy, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Bootmgr ??

Hi BadrAl-harbi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This message usually indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing. The boot sector is a region of your hard disk that contains information that is used to load your operating system. If a boot failure is
    detected when your PC is starting, you may receive this error message.

Which OS are you are currently in?

Did you try the same step to install windows 7 from a DVD? I suggest you to perform the steps again.

• Insert your Windows 7 DVD into your DVD drive and restart the system.

(If you did not make a "Recovery DVD", borrow a like version of the Windows 7 DVD from a friend).

• Boot the PC using the DVD by pressing any key when prompted.

• Verify your language is correct and click
      'Next'

• Select the option named 'Repair your computer'.

• The repair option then searches for the Windows Operating System. Once it has completed click
      'Next'.

• Under Recovery Tool, choose the option named
      'Startup repai
      r'.

• Windows will "try" to repair your startup problem and will prompt you to restart the PC.

• If you still get the "BOOTMGR is missing" error then repeat steps 1 to 7 again.

• Restart your system to finish the process.
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem.

Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager

Hi Ver0s,

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Kindly try to change system properties to enable or disable Windows Boot Manager. Here are the steps for you.if this will not work go to CMD

Step 1: Open the Run dialog window by pressing Win plus R keys.

Step 2: Type sysdm.cpl and click OK to continue.

Step 3: When the System Properties window pops up, choose the Advanced option. Then click on the Settings under the Startup and Recovery option.

Step 4: In the pop-up window, select the Time to display list of operating systems box and set the time value. After that, click OK to save the changes.

Step 5: If you want to disable BOOTMGR, cancel Time to display list of operating systems box or set the time value as 0 and click OK to finish the operation.

2nd Options

Try to enable/disable Windows boot manager. Used CMD

Step 1: Type cmd in the search box, and then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the Prompt and hit the Enter key after typing each one command.

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} timeout 30

Tip: The timeout decides the time of the boot manager displayed. You are able to specify the timeout value in seconds based on your requirement.

Step 3: If you want to disable Windows Boot Manager, you need to type bcdedit / set {bootmgr} timeout 0 and hit Enter.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem.

1. Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem. - Similar Threads - boot priority BOOTMGR

2. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  3. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  4. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot Device Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device Priorities: When I go into Bios and change my Boot Device Priorities it does not recognize I have Windows Boot Manager saved as my first priority and therefore I keep getting the Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key...
  6. Sound priority problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound priority problem: Hello, I have a sound priority problem. Basically, if I try to listen to music on YouTube the video will get really quiet while the game does not change. It happens while talking on Discord and everywhere. I tried everything in the Sound settings, the "Do nothing" option...
  7. Boot Options Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Options Priorities: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop randomly going to a blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. Then it goes to internal hard disk drive not found which takes me to the...
  8. Boot - change priority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot - change priority: Hi, I have a Lenovo computer. The default system in Windows 10. I want to run Linux Mint from USB. How can I change the settings so that the computer recognize Linux and run it from stick? Thank you, Adriana...
  9. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  10. bootmgr

in Windows 10 Support
    bootmgr: I downloaded the anniversary update for Windows 10. Get error message bootmgr missing. I have tried the various repairs including using the command prompt. Nothing works. Is there anywhere I can obtain a complete copy of the Windows 10 pro 64 bit bootmgr file and...