Windows 10: Windows boot problem after hardware change

Discus and support Windows boot problem after hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i replaced a processor, ram, and a motherboard. My previous builds HDD had about 700g worth of stuff. Games, movies, etc. At this point ill wipe it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mchsmith, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Mchsmith Win User

Windows boot problem after hardware change

i replaced a processor, ram, and a motherboard. My previous builds HDD had about 700g worth of stuff. Games, movies, etc. At this point ill wipe it because ive hit a wall every turn i go. I first tried to uodate drivers. That led me to memory management errors via a stopcode. That led me to clean the logs so i did. That led me to a thread managment failure. So i did a bootrec approach in thr cmd prompt but that led me to an access denied on the second function. I then went for a clean wipe. The pc wouldnt do it. Ao i did a usb with startup client. I tried doing a clean install but it wouldnt take my code. I purchased windows digitally a couple years ago. I then tried to use the disk clean up troubleshooter but it wouldnt complete the startup repair program. It initiates and the computer crashes. Ive tried many different things and now ill settle for a wipe becsuse i can just start over. What should i do?

also i forgot to mention. I cant get into windows. Not even in safemode. I can only access the cmd prompt theough the usb client.

:)

Mchsmith, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Boot problem

Hi Brandon,

Windows boot up problem can be caused by boot sequence and hardware issues.

For us to properly assist you, please answer the following questions:

• To avoid performing the same troubleshooting steps, can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've tried performing to resolve Windows 10 boot up problems?
    • Any error messages when booting your PC from the recovery drive?
    • Have you made any hardware or software changes on your device prior to the issue?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Nov 30, 2018
  3. tomba2k Win User
    AMD data change.......no boot up problem

1st: go to bios, check boot device TYPE priority (cdrom/hdd/etc.)
    then, go to hard disk drives (still under boot category), and check if your system hard drive is at 1st place (IF you have more than 1 hdd)
    2nd: if your bios boot settings are OK, run windows 7 installation disc, go to repair your system, run fixmbr and fixboot options (i think they are at same option on windows 7 repair - startup repair or something like that)
    3rd: if your windows 7 installation disc cannot find your windows 7 installation, reinstall it, but take care - you may have bad sectors on your hdd

please, go step by step, and dont read 3rd step warning before you try 1st and 2nd xD

you can also disable "LAN boot ROM" option under "integrated devices" bios category to never see that meesage again (at least 3 NVIDIA Boot Agent lines xD )

tomba2k, Nov 30, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows boot problem after hardware change - Similar Threads - boot problem hardware

2. Activation problems after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation problems after hardware change.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and SSD in one go, and installed Windows from a boot USB I created. The thing is, Windows 10 Pro is linked to my Microsoft account, but in the installer I forgot this and selected Windows 10 Home instead. Now, I have that annoying Activate...
  3. Activation problems after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation problems after hardware change.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and SSD in one go, and installed Windows from a boot USB I created. The thing is, Windows 10 Pro is linked to my Microsoft account, but in the installer I forgot this and selected Windows 10 Home instead. Now, I have that annoying Activate...
  4. Problems reactivating windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems reactivating windows after hardware change: Over Christmas I was given new PC parts motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, basically a whole new computer. After swapping out all the new hardware I went to use the activation troubleshooter and my PC doesn't show up to be reactivated in the troubleshooter. However, if I go to my...
  5. Activation problem after hardware change

Activation problem after hardware change: Hello, I recently change my motherboard. It is now broken and i cannot get the product key anymore. I got my new PC and was expecting that after logging my account i can transfer my Windows 10 license to the new PC. Now it keeps saying that it needs product key which i...
  6. Activation problems after hardware change

Activation problems after hardware change: Hi all, as stated above, I am having trouble activating windows on my PC. It was fully activated with a windows 10 home edition with a cd key I got off a 3rd party seller, however I have just changed every component in my PC Mother board, HDD's, the lot since the change I...
  7. Problems with activating Windows after a hardware change

Problems with activating Windows after a hardware change: Hello! I'm having troubles with reactivating Windows after reinstalling it after I did a major component changeMotherboard, CPU, RAM. I made a USB installer with which I installed Windows 10 Home, the same version I had on my previous setup. Now, I have 2 product keys. One...
  8. Problems reactivating Windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems reactivating Windows after a hardware change.: I recently changed My motherboard and CPU. I tried reactivating windows through my microsoft account: [ATTACH] however: [ATTACH] can someone help me with that?...
  9. Windows activation problem after a hardware change

Windows activation problem after a hardware change: I've recently change the motherboard and my CPU and I can't activate windows 10 anymore. When I go to troubleshooting -> I recently made an hardware change It tells me that it can't activate windows. [ATTACH]...
  10. Problems with activating windows after a hardware change

Problems with activating windows after a hardware change: I recently changed my motherboard and CPU whilst moving windows to my SSD. Prior to this I ensured that my login was linked to this Microsoft account. However, whenever I try to activate windows through the troubleshoot to select that I've changed hardware, it reads "We can't...