Windows 10: Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

Discus and support Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got an SSD M.2 and set Windows 10 there. The second disk is HDD. During startup, the PC throws it into the BIOS. I don't change anything there, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greatpoison, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

• I got an SSD M.2 and set Windows 10 there. The second disk is HDD.
      During startup, the PC throws it into the BIOS. I don't change anything there, I press "save and exit", and then Windows starts up.
      And if you turn off the computer and turn it on after 1 minute, everything will be fine. Automatic BIOS occurs only when the computer is turned off for a long time.
      I used a computer on one SSD for a couple of days, there were no problems.
      I've already tried:
    • Reinstall Windows (even without a connected HDD);
    • Remove the battery from the motherboard;
    • Turn off fast startup;
    • Update BIOS
    • !I set the SSD in the first place in the BIOS, but then at the start of the computer after a long shutdown state, there is not drives in Boot. I press "save and exit", there is a double start (as in the video). And if then you enter the BIOS, the HDD will be in the first place. That is, the boot priority is reset. Other settings are not reset.
      Motherboard - B365M D2V
      SSD - A-Data XPG SX6000 Lite
      HDD - WD Blue 1ТБ
      RAM - Kingston HyperX FURY Black [HX426C16FB3K2/16]
    submitted by /u/greatpoison
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/greatpoison, Mar 21, 2021

2. M.2 cloned from SSD dive, bios problems

did you cloned only C partition to new m.2 dad ? .

did you see new m.2 is detected by bios? , if not means get updated bios and flash it .

or restore the bios default settings .

after cloned c partition, remove old ssd, then boot the Windows 10 dvd and try to repair startup repair

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 21, 2021
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Mar 21, 2021
  4. aidose Win User

Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

M.2 SSD isn’t showing as boot option

Here’s the problem. Last night I installed the WD BLUE SN550 NVMe SSD and installed windows on it and I launched the computer, reinstalled things and everything was great. However, I am looking to remove my other SSD which was my windows previously, as it
    is causing a lot of problems so I was trying to set the M.2 SSD as a boot option. It does not appear in the boot options menu for the UEFI Bios Utility. This is what I need help with.

New SSD:

WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD

Motherboard:

Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING ATX Motherboard.

aidose, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

1. Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2 - Similar Threads - Boot Problem BIOS

2. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  3. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  4. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  5. M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section: I have had this problem for a while now and I have never seemed to figure it out. My C drive shows up in file explorer and I have saved multiple games and big files and such. And I checked my SSD with Crystal disk info and it said it was in good condition. But whenever I go...
  6. PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2 1TB SSD that i connected to a PCIe adapter and then plugged into he pcie slot. by follow a tutorial on you tube i got windows 10 installed on the SSD but the SSD does not show up in bios so i can boot from it. When i plug my old SSD in and...
  7. M.2 cloned from SSD dive, bios problems

M.2 cloned from SSD dive, bios problems: OK- cloned my Samsung ssd850 contents to my new m.2 Samsung 970. Bios will not recognize the m.2 with the ssd850 installed. Either work by themselves fine. Motherboard is Asus Gaming Aura Pro 970. My question is how can I get my Bios to recognize both and set boot order?...
  8. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  9. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  10. Boot up problem M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up problem M.2 SSD: Hello. I recently had an issue with my Windows 10 on my Samsung SSD, it basically just stopped working, and nothing that I did helped, not any repairs from the "Repair your computer" option from an installation media. So to cut the story short, I reinstalled Windows 10...