Windows 10: windows boot process modification

Discus and support windows boot process modification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am a student pursuing masters in Information and network security. I wanted to know if the windows boot process can be modified in such a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YusraShaikh, Jun 30, 2019.

1. windows boot process modification

Hi,

I am a student pursuing masters in Information and network security. I wanted to know if the windows boot process can be modified in such a way so as to halt the boot process before the login screen appears, by using a raspberry pi (it's an IoT project i'm researching about). Also, can the boot process resume normally through the raspberry device?

Any help regarding this will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks!!

Yusra Shaikh

:)

YusraShaikh, Jun 30, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 30, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Boot process

The best explanation I have read is this link on Quora, it explains each step of the boot process in detail. While it does not list all
    the files executed - this would be not be the same on different systems, it does give an in depth explanation

Another thing you might like to look up is the difference in booting a BIOS based system as opposed to a UEFI based system -

Click HERE
    for a good article

DaveM121, Jun 30, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

windows boot process modification

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

windows boot process modification

1. windows boot process modification - Similar Threads - boot process modification

2. Windows Update Modification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Modification: I am running Windows 11 23H2, updated. I would like to disable Windows Auto Update without affecting manual update. I manually check Windows Update every day and wish to continue doing so. I just want to stop Auto Update. Is there a way I can do this? Dave Binko...
  3. Windows Update Modification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Modification: I am running Windows 11 23H2, updated. I would like to disable Windows Auto Update without affecting manual update. I manually check Windows Update every day and wish to continue doing so. I just want to stop Auto Update. Is there a way I can do this? Dave Binko...
  4. No modification permission in windows 11 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No modification permission in windows 11 !: Hello, I am suffering too much when I want to insert a file in the program files or the system folder. It says I don't have the permission.I tried all what I found on interent to fix this but all methods are related to windows 10 and didn't work.I can't change the owner of...
  5. Windows 10 boot process.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 boot process.: Good Morning, I am trying to trouble shoot the following issue:"Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots after TPM is enabled"If URL works not having much...
  6. Registry modification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry modification: I'm trying to get more control over updates given a serious crash while one of my laptops was backing up at the same time, resulting in an unusable PC and ultimately a "reset". I have added a registry key which prompts that an update is available that allows me to backup...
  7. Booting process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting process: when is the dora process initiated during booting and at what stage Also can i get a detailed explanation of the booting process with all the network related files used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-process/181944a9-140b-44ba-ae6b-3842df223523
  8. Windows User Account modification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows User Account modification: Hi, just bought a new laptop and while retailer tested it for 1st time provided the 'User' name, which unfortunately was a mocked one. Now even after changing the the PC name the folder in the 'C:\windows\user' folder has retained the mocked user name. It will be of great...
  9. windows 10 cache modification?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 cache modification?: is there a way to modify the amount of cache in windows 10 as I only have 4 gb ram in a win10 64 bit system?the system seems to be so slow and items like shockwave etc either time out or error out after the last few updates. also the whole system seems to be a dog!!!!!! is...
  10. Booting Process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting Process: Hi, Please help me in regards of following query. What are the booting process, sequence and startup (bootable) files for Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10? Regards 57862