Windows 10: Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble

Discus and support Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there! My Dell XPS 13 computer crashed and was unable to boot, so I created a bootable USB of Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyFellhauer, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble

Hello there! My Dell XPS 13 computer crashed and was unable to boot, so I created a bootable USB of Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation tool and chose the USB from the boot menu at startup. I got to the Select Language menu, continued, and clicked the "Repair My Computer" option (I was following a tutorial). Instead of getting a "Troubleshoot" option, however, all I have now is a blue screen with a cursor. I've tried using Shift+F10 to bring up a command prompt but this didn't work. Do y'all think it's just working very, very slowly (the USB isn't a nice one, but it is 16GB), or is there something else I can do to help the process along?

:)

AshleyFellhauer, Dec 10, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 10, 2019
  3. spy2520 Win User
    boot repairs?

i updated the bios on my rampage formula. And now for some reason my system automatically boots to Windows XP and i dont have the usual choices of OSes. I have been triple-booting XP, Vista, and Windows 7 for a while now, and i always got the boot screen where i could choose which one.

I tried putting the discs in and repairing the boot sector or whatever its called for both Vista and Windows 7 and it didnt work. It was kinda automated in that i would choose the repair option and it would automatically pop up that the boot record was missing or corrupt and asked me if i wanted to repair that. It did this for Windows 7 and Vista. Both the partitions are recognized as Windows partitions when using the repair feature. But it still just boots into XP. I can figure it out. I guess i could wipe it and reinstall all 3.

spy2520, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble

windows will not boot up and says its going to repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to boot to the computer then I would suggest you to create installation media and then try to perform automatic repair and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.

After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM
      (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you create USB.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press
      any key to boot from CD or DVD
      ". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and
      then click Startup Repair.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble

1. Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble - Similar Threads - Boot Repair Computer

2. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble repairing my computer: I had to download VMware to be able to get SPSS statistics and in doing so had to restart my computer. All of a sudden my computer needed to be repaired which is frustrating cause I’m just downloading something. It’s saying automatic repairs couldn’t repair my pc. I’ve tried...
  3. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble repairing my computer: I had to download VMware to be able to get SPSS statistics and in doing so had to restart my computer. All of a sudden my computer needed to be repaired which is frustrating cause I’m just downloading something. It’s saying automatic repairs couldn’t repair my pc. I’ve tried...
  4. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows boot trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows boot trouble: Hello I'm having trouble with my build. Everything is working fine now, but having problem when I boot it up windows will open on a small screen. I need to change the resolution to get it back to normal size. How can I fix this?...
  6. windows boot trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows boot trouble: Hello I'm having trouble with my build. Everything is working fine now, but having problem when I boot it up windows will open on a small screen. I need to change the resolution to get it back to normal size. How can I fix this?...
  7. windows boot trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Automatic Repair Troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair Troubles: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/annefranklover68 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jt460m/automatic_repair_troubles/
  9. Computer having troubles booting into OS.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer having troubles booting into OS.: Hey guys, I bought a Medion Akoya P40000 from Aldi, it worked perfectly for the two years the warranty came with and now it's having problems, it has no longer got any warranty left and I am hoping that I can fix this myself. One day it went into sleep and didn't wake up, I...
  10. Trouble booting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble booting my computer: I'm having trouble changing the boot mode to legacy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-booting-my-computer/8ec0cbc9-4aaf-45ce-a300-ceb61605ecb9