Windows 10: Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.

Discus and support Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had just clean installed windows because I was having connectivity issues I had no issues with this pc for a while. They were resolved with a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamieTake, May 4, 2021.

1. JamieTake Win User

Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.

I had just clean installed windows because I was having connectivity issues I had no issues with this pc for a while. They were resolved with a clean install but that’s not the issue at hand. Windows started taking about 3 minutes to boot and load the desktop screen. Not only that but after boot, 9/10 times windows explorer will hang for 15-20 minutes until finally loading my taskbar, start menu, and file explorer. That is an exhorbitant amount of time for the hardware I have r7 5800x, 16gb ddr4 3.6 ghz ram, samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme boot drive tested at 3070 MB/s sustained write and 5027 M

:)

JamieTake, May 4, 2021
  2. Galant Win User

Very long boot-times with DVD-drive?

Hi guys,

got a lil problem here. My machine takes very long to boot. It sits @ that windows-knight-rider screen and the blue line is crossing about 10-12 times before anything happens. Yesterday i had to disconnect my DVD to connect my reserve hdd and see... it boots after
    3 or 4 times of that line passing. Is that coz i got a bad driver or bad firmware there....Don´t know if driver makes difference coz i think windows got 1 generic and it don´t affect my secondary DVD drive... any suggestions?

Galant, May 4, 2021
  3. Hang while loading taskbar at boot

Before blaming it on a system service, I would definitely disable your startup apps. 99% of all 'hanging at your desktop during boot' problems are related to apps that load with Windows. The other 1% either being system services, corrupt files, viruses or a mixture of the three.

Start -> Run -> type MSCONFIG. Under 'Startup Selection', click "Diagnostic Startup", Apply & then OK. Reboot. If the problem stops, there is something loading at Windows boot that is causing this. If it still continues, it may be a system service as you said.

To check for system service errors (and their causes), right click "My Computer" -> Manage -> Event Viewer -> System. Look for any Errors (noted by a big red X). You can check the causes of the errors by right clicking on each one and selecting Properties. Note the error code that it lists and either post it here or Google for it. But make sure that the time code on the error matches the exact time that you are seeing these hangs during boot.

See how that works and post back. Good luck!

ThetaSigma, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.

freaksavior, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.

1. Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot. - Similar Threads - boot very long

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very Long Boot Cycle

Very Long Boot Cycle: i have two systems, one running Win 10 64 bit, the other Win 10 32 bit. The 64 bit system boots quickly; the 32 bit system very slow. Both systems have SSD for Windows. On the 32 bit system after POST once the Windows boot window appears, the rotating busy icon turns for a...
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  7. Long Booting time of windows

Long Booting time of windows: Hey , I am using a HP 15-ac122tu model laptop and it takes a long time to boot up around 30 min or long.Windows 10 is my operating system and when it's opened i experience more lag than never before.What should i do I tried some fixes on youtube but none of the worked....
  8. Very long Boot time after update 1803

Very long Boot time after update 1803: Goodmorning I've just updated my probook 4530s to 1803 version of windows 10 I have an ssd installed on my notebook. After update the boot time is over 2 minutes. Before the update was really fast, like few seconds. The boot start with the windows logo for few seconds,...
  9. long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  10. Very long boot and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long boot and black screen: So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and...