Windows 10: Windows Boot-up error: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

Discus and support Windows Boot-up error: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I boot up my Surface Book 2, there is a dead loop of blue screen error saying “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”. I tried to perform a restore from old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThunderLord_X, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Windows Boot-up error: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

When I boot up my Surface Book 2, there is a dead loop of blue screen error saying “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”. I tried to perform a restore from old windows restore points but it says “Drive is not secured” and I was unable to restore. Even safe mode won’t work. I only have access to command prompt. I tried running the sac /scannow and dism disk repairing command, but both ended with errors. I also run a command to check for SSD corruption, but it also couldn’t identify any problem, and was unable to store the log file. Please help as I can no longer boot up the system (even in safe modes)

:)

ThunderLord_X, Nov 29, 2018

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    BSOD error, critical_process_died

Hi,

Conflicts with the program or hardware is one of the possible reasons why you are having blue screen error, Critical_Process_Died. We would suggest you to boot into safe mode and check if it helps. Safe Mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers.
    You can follow the steps on this
    link
    to run your computer in safe mode.

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. To run your computer in clean boot, you can follow the steps on this

link

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Windows Boot-up error: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

Critical_Process_Died - Windows 10

Hi RJC5654,

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED is an error saying that the process that boots your computer is now totally disabled. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with your boot sequence, we’d like to ask you
    a few questions:

• What are the circumstances on your computer that made you use Norton Disk Doctor to scan your hard drives?
    • What made you choose Norton Disk Doctor over Windows 10 Checkdisk? Our operating system has already a utility tool to do this same scanning process.
    • Do you still have a software warranty for your computer?
    • Can you still proceed to your desktop environment?
    • Can you check your BIOS and UEFI settings if you set Windows Boot Manager as your primary boot option on your machine’s boot sequence?
    • Do you have a copy of Windows 10 – Media Creation Tool?
    • Are you able to access the Windows recovery environment?
    • Kindly give us a walkthrough of the steps or processes which your machine goes through when attempting to boot up and where the error occurs.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In addition, you can visit this link:
    Bug Check 0xEF: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    to see what you can do to troubleshoot this error. Usually this is a blue screen error that blocks your computer to boot properly.

Get back to us once you provide us these additional details.

Johann Eva, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows Boot-up error: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

1. Windows Boot-up error: “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” - Similar Threads - Boot error “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

2. Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error: Title Haven’t been able to log into windows for a few days now, and all the ways to fix the error require being logged into windows. I think there might be a driver issue. Does anyone know a fix for the error that can be done without being logged in? submitted by...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED doesn't let PC boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED doesn't let PC boot: Hi, So I was playing Sea of Thieves and was on Discord when my Asus GL753V, Windows 10 x64, froze. I force shutdown it and when turned it on again I had the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen saying that it would restart automatically but it didn't I think it goes off...
  4. BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode

BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode: TL:DR: Can't boot (even into safe mode) after removing device 'Intel HD Graphics 4000' (and uninstalling its drivers). Getting critical_process_died BSOD. My specs: Mobo ASRock Z77 Pro4, CPU i5 3570k I had my integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000) disabled because it gave...
  5. BSoD and critical_process_died when booting up! The laptop was disconnected(no battery)...

BSoD and critical_process_died when booting up! The laptop was disconnected(no battery)...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kipinsider [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e80m2c/bsod_and_critical_process_died_when_booting_up/
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  7. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  8. I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...: I use Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 3137, 64-bit computer, 64-bit processor, 2 GB RAM (thought that would be relevant). The other day, I was playing a game right before we went out, and I pressed Alt and F4 frantically, but the game had frozen as a result of that, so I...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error: My Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop was just sitting there and all of a sudden the desktop background turned black, although the desktop icons and taskbar were still visible. A few seconds later, the system crashed giving me a BSOD message of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". It attempted to...
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on boot: Hi. My mom's laptop is crashing on boot with a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. It boots in Safe Mode but most things are unresponsive: no windows menu, command prompt opens right away but admin prompt takes 10-20 minutes to open, so do task manager window, driver install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surfcaebook startup error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED