Windows 10: Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update

Discus and support Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I upgraded to the newest 2004 build after my pc said there was an update to be installed. I didn't check but I should have probably to see what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Max Pen, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Max Pen Win User

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update

Today I upgraded to the newest 2004 build after my pc said there was an update to be installed. I didn't check but I should have probably to see what this update is. I just clicked restart and update...

However got two issues now:

BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntoskrnl.exe) which I'll post a specific topic for
    and

slow boot time , for my windows to be fully loaded took 6.45 seconds. I use an HDD not an SSD.

But my boot time was fine on windows build 1907 now its too slow... I've tried disabling some startup items but this probably won't help me.

Any tips to get it down to what it used to be? I don't know the exact number but it was maybe 1 to 2 minutes tops.

:)

Max Pen, Sep 19, 2020
  2. TD47 Win User

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,

@JonGraef - that is an interesting observation, BUT it might be an effect rather than a cause. Nontheless, I have seen old and new reports where the Windows WMI (WBEM) repository can get out of sync with "reality" (i.e. what bits and peices under the "hood"
    are where, and other properties), and cause that event 6006, and a slow boot or slow display of login screen. There is an easy way to check it out, and if the first "verify" command works, then go no further, it has probably got rebuilt OK:

"

• To perform a repair/re-sync of the Windows 10 WMI repository:
      1. Open an elevated command prompt. (right click the start menu icon, choose admin cmd or powershell)
      2. Verify the WMI repository is not corrupt by running the following command:
    • If the repository is not corrupted, a “WMI Repository is consistent” message will be returned; if you get something else, go to step 3, otherwise if the repository is consistent, more troubleshooting will be required as the repository is not likely the
      problem.
    1. Run the following commands to repair WMI:
    • If the repository salvage fails to work, then run the following command to see if it resolves the issue:
    • After the last command, there should be a “WMI Repository has been reset” message returned that verifies the command was successful.

3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update

windows update 2004 updates fix

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to update your PC to Windows 10 2004 build. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the KB number of the update that is failing?
    • What is the error code and message from the Windows Update history? (Press
      Windows + I key to open Settings > Click on
      Updates & Security
      > Select Windows Updates > Click on
      View update history
      > click on the error)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    Please help us with the screenshot of the
    Process
    tab in Task Manager and System information
    page (Press Windows + R key and type msinfo32, click OK) for further investigation. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Let us try few steps and try to update after performing each step.

Step 1:
    Run Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start Menu button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2:
    Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3:
    Software and Hardware clean boot

Put the PC in software clean boot, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Steps to perform hardware clean boot.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run
      . Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit
      Enter.
    3. Now expand the Display adapters,
      Printers
      , Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Now right click on the listed devices inside the section and click on
      Disable.
    5. If asked for restart click on restart later.
    6. Close the device manager window and then restart the PC.

You may also, refer the suggestion in the article: Troubleshoot problems
    updating Windows 10

Note: Do not try the step mention in the article "Perform a clean installation of Windows 10"

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update

1. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Booting very slow

2. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  3. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  4. Windows is very slow after update

Windows is very slow after update: Greetings! Is there a recent announcement from MS that the latest update has a / some problem[s]? Apparently, there is and I seem to encounter it. My windows is very slow now after the upgrade. We have a fairly new laptop; about five months old. The CPU is Core...
  5. Very slow boot up since 2004 update on HP Pavillion laptop

Very slow boot up since 2004 update on HP Pavillion laptop: Hello I upgraded to windows 10 2004 update yesterday and it now takes 5 minutes to completely boot up, it used to take 15 seconds prior to these updates, its just really slow to boot, I have turned off fast boot, checked start up items and disabled them all, i have restarted...
  6. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,: My Windows 10 starting on very slow after windows 10 , 2004 update now what i do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-booting-very-slow-after-2004-update/795f6886-8305-4555-b769-a6ca3cd7cc75
  7. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  8. Windows boot very very slow after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot very very slow after last update: After the last update my Windows its booting so slow like 10 minutes to start up and i dont want to wait that anymore, i already try with some fixes but dont work. IF YOU WILL ANSWER I ONLY WANT A DIRECT AND HELPFUL SOLUTION Thanks....
  9. Windows very slow to boot

Windows very slow to boot: Hello, I just upgraded my processor/motherboard/ram to Ryzen 7 1800x, Aorus X470, 16 GB ram. I have a GTX 1080 Ti. When I restart my computer, it loads very very slow. It gets stuck on the screenshot below for 3+ mins. I have multiple SSD drives installed and figured it...
  10. Very slow boot after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot after Anniversary update: I had no problems with Windows 10 start times but since the Anniversary update, boot time is just under 3 minutes. Any ideas to what to look into for the cause? 59112