Windows 10: Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall

Discus and support Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear ****munity, I am having trouble and a real bad day because of it with my laptop. I had windows 10 installed on it, but after a recent windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BitBork, Feb 19, 2021.

1. BitBork Win User

Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall

Dear ****munity,

I am having trouble and a real bad day because of it with my laptop. I had windows 10 installed on it, but after a recent windows update it appeared to freeze on occasion, to which the only answer was to hold down the power button to turn it off. Today I had to resort to it once more, causing the laptop to not boot anymore. It was stuck endlessly on the spinning loading circle.

My solution to this was to reinstall windows on the 1st drive SSD as I could not even get into the recovery media; I just got a black screen with a cursor where ctrl+alt+delete and shift+f10 didn't work when windows tried to get to it.

Using a borrowed usb drive with the windows 10 installation media on it I tried to wipe and reinstall windows on my SSD, but that didn't work. When trying to boot from the external drive all I got was the windows logo for a second and a blue/purple screen afterwards. Shift+10 does pull up the cmd but diskpart doesn't seem to work. I tried changing a range of settings in my BIOS, and several other things that would help according to other threads, but none did.

I do not mind losing the data on the SSD as all my important data is on a second HDD drive, but it is fairly urgent as I need the laptop for uni.

The laptop in question is an MSI GL62M REX.

I do have to note that this laptop was bought second hand and I have had issues with it before.

Could anyone please help me resolve this?

:)

BitBork, Feb 19, 2021
  2. justasv Win User

Sometimes computer enters boot loop, other times I see black screen

OK, thanks for the help. I will do what you suggested and try to reproduce my bootloop problem. Will come back to you with my findings.

You might have reasons for suggesting this, and I could just misunderstand them. But I just want to stress that it was never a BSOD problem for me, but rather a bootloop (The only BSOD that I got was a known issue with an incorrect version of COMODO). Also I installed Bitdefender just a few days ago, to replace COMODO.

justasv, Feb 20, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall

1. Windows bootloop and unsuccesstul reinstall - Similar Threads - bootloop unsuccesstul reinstall

2. Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop: installing and uninstalling programs on my new pc, the next day it went into a boot loop of death with a variety of codes.I've tried reinstalling windows on top, blue screen as its getting the files ready between 8-16%Tried with a new ssd becuase i thought it was corrupted...
  3. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop: installing and uninstalling programs on my new pc, the next day it went into a boot loop of death with a variety of codes.I've tried reinstalling windows on top, blue screen as its getting the files ready between 8-16%Tried with a new ssd becuase i thought it was corrupted...
  4. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop: HelloWhenever i turn on my pc i face a bootloop unless i repeatedly press F8 key. I dont know if it is a hardware problem or software. Whenever i press F8 it boots normal. If i dont press F8 it would just show the windows icon and not bootup....
  6. Bootloop

Bootloop: HelloWhenever i turn on my pc i face a bootloop unless i repeatedly press F8 key. I dont know if it is a hardware problem or software. Whenever i press F8 it boots normal. If i dont press F8 it would just show the windows icon and not bootup....
  7. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootloop: Dear smart people of reddit, I need your dire support because foolish little me decided to download a shady file from the web. Told me to update a few drivers and now it's stuck In a bootloop, telling me "system thread exception not handled". It then proceeds to an hp screen...
  9. Bootloop

Bootloop: My computer is stuck in a loop where i cant boot up properly. Ive been getting the bad system config error. Ive looked up a couple of different fixes but none of them seem to work. There is one solution ive seen involving using the bootrec command in prompt but i cant seem to...
  10. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootloop: I recently dropped my Asus laptop and it is stuck in a bootloop it will turn on and go to the repair option screen but wont fix it goes into a bootloop I only have my phone that I can download onto but I have a c port to USB device is there anyway I can fix this issue...