Windows 10: Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

Discus and support Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gabe McGee, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7 support in 2024 and after it refusing to update I assumed it was a problem with my windows 7 not being up to date even with win 7 standards. So I went to update to the most recent win 7 version and apparently got to a bad patch where it blue screens and says driver is trying to corrupt, looked up a solution and part of it

:)

Gabe McGee, Jun 23, 2023
  2. techbuzz Win User

Lenova recovery disc

If you haven't started the recovery yet then you could use the recovery button Lenovo Care Button). Just push it when you first turn on your machine and it will boot into the recovery partiton and restore it back to the original factory state.

If you have actually started the recovery process with the discs you have you are going to have to wait for tech support to open on Monday. All recovery discs are custom for particular machines. In other words, there aren't universal Lenovo 3000 recovery discs that work with all Lenovo 3000's. The recovery discs correspond with your exact machine type.

techbuzz, Jun 23, 2023
  3. quickie Win User
    System Recovery on Different HardDrive

I believe my HDD on my new Lenovo SL410 just died.

I did the following:
    1. Restart the computer after it froze (obviously)
    2. Start in safe mode, would hang before loading windows
    3. Try using System Recovery discs, again hang
    4. Tried the HDD on a desktop system (both as primary and slave), the desktop computer would sometimes see the HDD but it would also hang

My question is this: I’m planning on buying a new harddrive. Does it need to be the same model/capacity in order for the System Recovery Discs to work? Lenovo didn’t include the Installation Disc *Frown Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible :(

Thank you kindly in advance!

Other info:
    Lenovo SL410
    Windows 7 Home, 64-bit
    Original Drive: Seagate 250GB (ST9250315AS)

quickie, Jun 23, 2023
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

Laptop System Recovery

when you turn your laptop on press F2 or F10 one of those should take you to a system restore

EDIT: it may also be F8 or the delete key. i just did this a couple day ago to a dell and i know its one of those.

EDIT2: Here you go press the Alt and F10
    How can I restore my computer with the backup discs I created?

With user created backups you are able to restore your computer to the factory default settings. If backup discs were created instead of factory restore discs, these can be used instead and will restore the system to a user backup point.

Ensure that the computer is completely shutdown, then turn on the computer.
    When the Gateway splash screen appears, tap the Alt and F10 keys simultaneously. A screen stating "Starting Gateway eRecovery" should appear.
    From the recovery options, choose Restore system from CD/DVD.
    Insert either the first Recovery or Backup disc that you created.
    From the on-screen options, choose a backup.
    Click OK and the installation will begin.
    Change the disc as necessary when prompted.

Delta6326, Jun 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

1. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible - Similar Threads - boots system recovery

2. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  3. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Recovery: Hi I have done a system recovery of my Windows 10 x64 , ver1909, Desktop PC to a Pen Drive, now I have just got a Dual Layer Rewriter and DL Discs, I would like to put that onto a DVD , would that be possible and to be able to boot from the the DVD ? . cheers Spike 173230
  4. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery: I reset my Gateway Windows 10 laptop, basically wiped everything but my documents. Problem is the documents do not open when selected, a pop up asks what program to use to open there is no Office or Word choice. The extension is pptx. I tried to reset the system again to...
  5. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Recovery: This weekend my temporary block on updates ended so I was forced, once again, to accept the update to Windows Edge, which deleted a lot of my saved favourites. Like before, I tried to do a system recovery in order to revert back to my old Edge, but this time it simply refuses...
  6. System image / recovery disc

System image / recovery disc: In windows 10 how to I create a disc that can reinstall Windows and applications. I do not know if it is called a system image disc or a recovery disc. I want to be able to reload everything in the event of a disc failure....
  7. System recovery

System recovery: So i tried running a system recovery, it hung n black screen four hours i rebooted and it was still on a black screen i was later able to enter my bios setup inrestored default and continued to boot it brought up hp file based installer, said it was installing software not to...
  8. System recovery

System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  9. System will not boot or complete system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    System will not boot or complete system recovery: unspecified error occured during system restore (0x80070003) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-will-not-boot-or-complete-system-recovery/b4f597e4-d517-490f-9cbc-9ce734cc20b6
  10. system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    system recovery: I have all kinds of system recoveries on my pc and when I go to recover a past time on my PC .It will run for about 20 minutes or more and then I get a mesasage that my system was not restored to that time .Please try a different restore point . I never had this problem with...