Windows 10: Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic...

Discus and support Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, To preface, I just had my computer's hard drive replaced because it was having this same issue. Windows 10 was imaged onto the drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristianGamer3, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic...

Hello,

To preface, I just had my computer's hard drive replaced because it was having this same issue.

Windows 10 was imaged onto the drive, everything worked great long enough for me to get Windows and all of my drivers up to date. I turned off my computer after the last update completed, and when I tried to turn it back on, it does not fully boot.

It will boot to a black screen with no response. I am not able to press Win+P to change which monitor is being displayed, and CtRL+Alt+Del does not work either. After a few minutes of black screen it will restart itself and begin the "Preparing Automatic Repair" process, to which it does not succeed, and I am brought to the advanced startup settings screen.

This is a brand new SSD, and I am becoming extremely frustrated with the amount of issues I am having, just trying to get my PC back into working order.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

:)

ChristianGamer3, Aug 15, 2019

2. Preparing automatic repair loop followed by black screen

Hi Aaron,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with "preparing automatic repair" loop followed by
    black screen error. We will certainly help you.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

Method 1: We suggest you to kindly follow the link below and try the steps and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Method 2: To Troubleshoot no boot situation, follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Once the bootable media is created, follow next step:

Step 2: Perform Start up Repair.

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Start up Repair:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advance Options”.

c. Then select “Start up Repair” from “Advanced options” window.

This will help you to boot into your Operating system again.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic... [​IMG]

Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic... [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic...

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next up is bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    And after doing diskpart , list disc

naturalbodz, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic...

1. Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic... - Similar Threads - Boots black screen

2. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  3. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair Boot Loop: I turned my HP Notebook on the other day running the latest windows insider version and when the HP logo appeared, it said "Preparing Automatic Repair" with the spinning dots above it. After a while, the screen briefly displays what appears to be a dialogue box and then...
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair Boot Loop: I turned my HP Notebook on the other day running the latest windows insider version and when the HP logo appeared, it said "Preparing Automatic Repair" with the spinning dots above it. After a while, the screen briefly displays what appears to be a dialogue box and then...
  6. Preparing Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi I just recently built my new computer a little over a month ago and today I restarted it. When I have my m.2 plugged in I get a Preparing Automatic Repair boot loop. I downloaded windows creation tool onto a flash drive and removed the m.2 to try and load up windows...
  7. Infinite Loading Loop and Black Screen after "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Infinite Loading Loop and Black Screen after "Preparing Automatic Repair": Hey, so my Lenovo Z50-75 whenever I boot it up it will load the circles with spinning dots but the thing is it doesn't stop. When i power it off and turn it back on it then turns towards the "Preparing Automatic Repair" and goes to a black screen. I have not been able to...
  8. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...
  9. black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop

black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop: The machine has been in this loop all morning a blue screen comes up and states: go to www.windows.com/stopcode provide stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG any solutions out there? Thanks...
  10. Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’: Hey. Yesterday my HP laptop finished updating to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 version. Everything was fine for a few hours until I shifted the pc and accidentally pulled the battery out, so it shut down suddenly. My laptop has a black ‘bar’ just below the screen...