Windows 10: Windows boots unresponsive

Discus and support Windows boots unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I performed a clean install two nights ago and everything has been going rather smooth. I just got done downloading grand theft auto and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10usercyde, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Windows boots unresponsive

I performed a clean install two nights ago and everything has been going rather smooth. I just got done downloading grand theft auto and tried installing it from steam. Something didn't seem right when the direct x installer did its thing(first time install) so I restarted. Ever since then whenever I boot into windows nothing loads. The bottom right task bar which usually has 5 things in it doesn't load. Whenever I click the mouse I get the rotating circle. Nothing.

I let windows install my graphics drivers for me (R9 290) and I was planning to install my own later tonight after I got my games downloaded and up and running. Could it have been the direct x installation that GTA did that ****ed up my system? I read some people are having problems with video card drivers and slow boots.

I've been asked to do an advanced startup and was successfully able to boot into safe mode with no problems (besides a start menu that only works when it wants) but when I try restarting from safe mode it takes noticeably longer to boot into Windows 10 and like I said above, doesn't let me do anything. I get the spinning circle whenever I try and clicking something. If I even move my mouse over the bottom task bar I get the circle without even clicking. It's almost like Windows is not responding or explorer.exe is broken.

I've restarted at least 30 times with no avail. I don't mind clean installing again but I don't want to have this happen to me again after putting 3-4 hours into getting my system up and running.....

:)

10usercyde, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows is slow and unresponsive to boot

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Did you make any changes to your PC prior to the issue?

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you try the following which will help us narrow down the cause of the issue.

Method 1: When the PC is running slow, open Task Manager under
    Performance and Processors tab check which process is taking up the maximum memory and speed.

Method 2: Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at
    the same time.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

Method 3: Improve Performance

Refer to the link below to optimize your system performance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Note: Article for 8.1 also refer to 10.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 19, 2015
  3. ARMoosa Win User
    Windows is slow and unresponsive to boot

I have an i3 (4150) processor,8 gb ram , 1 tb hdd,1 gb gddr5 graphics card. I upgraded to windows 10 (pro) from win 8.1 .In the initial days of usage it was quite fast and very responsive. But recently it has become very slow and unresponsive (it takes more
    than a min. to boot whilst earlier it took less than 30 secs it also shows a black screen at the time of booting , and takes upto 10 secs to open up my computer , even gta vice city stops at times ). Please help.

slower windows 10.- Original Title

ARMoosa, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Windows boots unresponsive

Not sure what went wrong here, but clearly there is a conflict.
    Is GTA Windows 10 compatible?

My recommendation is to indeed de another clean install of Windows 10
    and make sure that GTA is indeed fully compatible with Win 10

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
  5. I've googled and googled and have found no one with this problem and users have even commented on how well GTA runs on Windows 10 so I'm not aware of a conflict.

10usercyde, Aug 19, 2015
  6. ram1220 Win User
    When was the last time you tested your hard drive?

ram1220, Aug 19, 2015
  7. I haven't recently. It's about 2 years old (samsung evo) and I've never had a corruption with it.

10usercyde, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows boots unresponsive

1. Windows boots unresponsive - Similar Threads - boots unresponsive

2. PC unresponsive after Boot-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unresponsive after Boot-up: Hi there,my Pc now ist randomly unresponsive right after Startup. It Boots up fine but as soon as its up none of the Apps launch automaticly or when promted, my Wallpaper Engine won't start, my Taskbar app won't start. As soon as I click the Taskbar it either doesn't respond...
  3. PC unresponsive after Boot-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unresponsive after Boot-up: Hi there,my Pc now ist randomly unresponsive right after Startup. It Boots up fine but as soon as its up none of the Apps launch automaticly or when promted, my Wallpaper Engine won't start, my Taskbar app won't start. As soon as I click the Taskbar it either doesn't respond...
  4. PC unresponsive after Boot-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot: Whenever I boot my pc, after a few seconds, the entire start menu stops working, alt tab and win tab stops working and i cannot interact or open any applications or programs, and the only way to fix this is by restarting the pc, but again, this just works for a few seconds...
  6. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot: Whenever I boot my pc, after a few seconds, the entire start menu stops working, alt tab and win tab stops working and i cannot interact or open any applications or programs, and the only way to fix this is by restarting the pc, but again, this just works for a few seconds...
  7. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. After Win 11 22H2 upgrade mouse and keyboard randomly become unresponsive, requiring hard boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Win 11 22H2 upgrade mouse and keyboard randomly become unresponsive, requiring hard boot.: After Win 11 22H2 upgrade mouse and keyboard randomly become unresponsive, requiring hard boot. Dell XPS8940 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-win-11-22h2-upgrade-mouse-and-keyboard/d0577556-6b3d-40f9-b961-b85dc81958f8
  9. After Win 11 22H2 upgrade mouse and keyboard randomly become unresponsive, requiring hard boot.

After Win 11 22H2 upgrade mouse and keyboard randomly become unresponsive, requiring hard boot.: After Win 11 22H2 upgrade mouse and keyboard randomly become unresponsive, requiring hard boot. Dell XPS8940 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-win-11-22h2-upgrade-mouse-and-keyboard/d0577556-6b3d-40f9-b961-b85dc81958f8
  10. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unresponsive once boots up mouse slow