Windows 10: Windows Bootup Customisation

Discus and support Windows Bootup Customisation in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I know, I'm kind of nitpicking here, but Windows 10 has no boot sound... For the sake of Windows tradition I suppose, perhaps an optional boot sound... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SMattWindows10, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Windows Bootup Customisation

I know, I'm kind of nitpicking here, but Windows 10 has no boot sound...

For the sake of Windows tradition I suppose, perhaps an optional boot sound can be added to Settings in a future Windows 10 update, with options for custom boot sounds, or the ability to use the boot sounds from previous versions of Windows?

Come to think of it, a whole section based around boot personalisation would be super cool! I use a Surface, and the black and white Microsoft logo on the boot screen gets really boring really quick, so adding a feature to customise it like a background of sorts would be fantastic.

This would be incredible to see, and if you do add this feature, I thank you in advance.

That's all for now, I guess, so for want of a better phrase, thanks for your time!

:)

SMattWindows10, Feb 18, 2021
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Desktop Customisation Thread

I noticed that although TPU has a lot of space devoted to the customisation of PC's, it has very little in the way of customisation when it comes to the actual software, therefore, i have created this thread so that people can share and discuss the ways they customise the software of their PC.

This includes Desktop backgrounds, Themes, Rainmeter set-ups, even customisations of specific programs, basically customising software in general.

I don't have too much to work with at the moment, but by the end i hope to have a thread full of instructions on how to do just about any modifications or customisation to your software, starting with basic's, all the way over to stuff that should only be considered by the most skilled people.

1)Desktop backgrounds
    This is a list of sites containing many great desktop backgrounds, for now these are just recommendations i got from kierend but if anyone else has any sites just post or PM me and i'll add them
    2)themes
    Just the one for now
    3)Rainmeter
    I will have a more in depth walkthrough later, but for now he're one i did on the UK clubhouse, it shows you how to modify the omnimo theme so instead of the full theme you just get a catalog of gadgets and tools on your desktop

Spoiler: Walkthrough Download this --> http://rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.0.exe, run the installer, select either 32bit or 64, it doesn't matter

download this --> http://www.deviantart.com/download/...o_4_0_for_rainmeter_by_fediafedia-d2mhn7l.zip --> unzip it --> run the setup file

--> the omnimo theme will start, but it will configure your PC in a windows phone 7 like fashion, just select the correct screen resolution, weather code etc, and let it set itself up

Important bit now, right click one of the panel, and go through the menu to :\WP7\background, and click 'BG.INI' to disable it

you will then have a load of free panels floating on your desktop, you can now move them remove them, and somewhere on your desktop will be an arrow in a circle, click this and it will give you a load of new panels to add, which will do a large variety of different features
    Overall, here is a short list i have composed, more will follow later
    Omnimo 10 for Rainmeter --> Very customisable, you can do or make basically any desktop you want
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool

More will follow soon (probably tomorrow as i don't have much time for now, but if anyone wants to add anything please post and share it with us*Smile Windows Bootup Customisation :))

cheesy999, Feb 18, 2021
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

I am trying to customise the various image files (bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif and tiff) on Windows 10 and noticed the following:

1. the bmp, gif, png, jpeg, jpg and svg files are all programmed to use the same icon. Changing the icon for one will result in the other image files using the same new icon; and
    2. the tif and tiff files cannot be changed.

The way I do it is I use File Type Manager to locate the default icons key for each file in the registry and change the icon from there (this is because File Type Manager hangs whenever I try to change an icon using it).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about:

1. customising the different image files to use different icons for each one; and
    2. changing the tif and tiff image file icons?

Much appreciate any guidance / advice.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Windows Bootup Customisation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Bootup Customisation

1. Windows Bootup Customisation - Similar Threads - Bootup Customisation

2. How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen: As said in title. For some backstory leading up till now, i think my OS was compromised, I don’t really have an idea as to what happened exactly as I was super baffled, sorry. What I am a bit more sure about is that one time I came back to my pc to see that there was...
  3. How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen: As said in title. For some backstory leading up till now, i think my OS was compromised, I don’t really have an idea as to what happened exactly as I was super baffled, sorry. What I am a bit more sure about is that one time I came back to my pc to see that there was...
  4. Blue screen during bootup and failure to install video card driver during installation:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen during bootup and failure to install video card driver during installation:: During a clean installation, the Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area error occurs. After a few shutdowns and startups, Windows starts. Later, when I try to install the video card driver, it starts saying installation failed. Even when I try to install old video card drivers, it keeps...
  5. Blue screen during bootup and failure to install video card driver during installation:

Blue screen during bootup and failure to install video card driver during installation:: During a clean installation, the Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area error occurs. After a few shutdowns and startups, Windows starts. Later, when I try to install the video card driver, it starts saying installation failed. Even when I try to install old video card drivers, it keeps...
  6. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  7. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  8. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  9. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  10. What is run.vbs...windows defender is detecting it as virus every time i bootup...should i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is run.vbs...windows defender is detecting it as virus every time i bootup...should i...: Inside the Appdata Update There was a file named Run.vbs and Microsoft defender is detecting this file as a virus each and every time I boot up windows.What should I do, Should I delete the run.vbs file Or should I delete the whole "Update" folder Inside which it is located...