Windows 10: WIndows Bootup Infinite Loop

Discus and support WIndows Bootup Infinite Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, When I turn my laptop on, it automatically goes to the screen of options on how to boot my laptop up. If I choose to boot in Windows Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamM97, May 29, 2020.

1. AdamM97 Win User

WIndows Bootup Infinite Loop

Hi,

When I turn my laptop on, it automatically goes to the screen of options on how to boot my laptop up. If I choose to boot in Windows Recovery Mode, it gets stuck in an infinite loop. I tried solutions online by scanning my disk using the cmd prompt but it has all failed. I changed setting to boot into Windows 10, which fails, and the system loads me back up onto the same menu. I then click troubleshoot >> Reset this PC >> Keep files/Remove files, put my password in and let the laptop reset. The laptop starts to reset then when installing windows, either gets stuck at around 30% or blue screens stating a critical process has died, and then is stuck in an infinite loop of not being able to boot the desktop up and windows 10 failing to install. I was thinking of using a USB to freshly install windows 10 but I do not have a clean USB and I do not know if I have a product key since the laptop was preinstalled with windows 10. I am unsure on what to do as I have tried solutions from the Microsoft threads and from other sources online.

Thank you!

:)

AdamM97, May 29, 2020
  2. NUV
    Nuv Win User

ati2dvag infinite loop error

I have

Processor:
    • AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ (Brisbane)
    • Core Volt:1.336 V
    MotherBoard:
    • Model- RS690-SB600
    • Chipset Ati
    Bios:
    • Pheonix Technologied Ltd.
    • Version 6.00PG
    Graphics card:TechPowerUp

I am getting a blue screen saying (as far as i can remember)

Code: The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop[/quote] Any solution to this problem ?

3. copiman Win User
    Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, May 29, 2020
  4. JohnC Win User

Infinite loop of startup repair

Welcome to Ten Forums, Goonsoon. If your windows 10 is activated you can clean install it and it will automatically activate again. You may want to consider that if the situation is an infinite loop of startup repair. This is from the tutorial forum. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html . Just follow the steps, sometimes the only thing to do is start over.

JohnC, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. WIndows Bootup Infinite Loop - Similar Threads - Bootup Infinite Loop

2. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows infinite loop: I’ve been dealing with these problem for a while now i had to download windows 10 because I click something wrong while resetting it and when I finished downloading it on another laptop i booted up my pc and download windows 10 but when it’s restarting it keeps showing the...
  3. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows infinite loop: I’ve been dealing with these problem for a while now i had to download windows 10 because I click something wrong while resetting it and when I finished downloading it on another laptop i booted up my pc and download windows 10 but when it’s restarting it keeps showing the...
  4. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows stuck in infinite loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in infinite loop: Window is stuck in infinite loop after factory reset -Shows the welcome screen then blacks out -Sometimes flashes the restarting screen Can only acess BIOS setting...
  6. Windows infinite reboot loop

Windows infinite reboot loop: Hey all, I have an issue with a PC I am working on where it is almost stuck in an infinite loop. PC was factory reset and now it has a windows update that starts at 65% then will get up to about 90% and then restart on what seems to be an infinite loop. Anyone know a...
  7. Windows recovery infinite loop

Windows recovery infinite loop: My laptop is stuck in an infinite windows recovery loop. I can't boot into safe mode. I have tried chkdsk commands bootrec etc. Legacy boot results in the windows recovery loop and the uefi boot displays this message ''hardware scan complete with no issues. No bootable...
  8. Windows infinite install loop

Windows infinite install loop: I am trying to install windows 10 on an ssd. I created the usb windows media tool to do so andmy pc is forced to restart then i am taken back to the the initial choose language screen after restarting. Here is my boot order. What do i need to do and change to stop this...
  9. Windows 10 infinitely loop

Windows 10 infinitely loop: My lil bro mistakenly switched Off the UPS while CPU was shutting down.The monitor goes to offline but cpu was still shutting down but my bro switched of ups. After that Inf loading circle. I tried to boot from Usb drive but that also stuck at Loading operating system _ ....
  10. Windows 10 Infinite Loop

Windows 10 Infinite Loop: I have a legion Y520 laptop. After shutting it down once, I got the blue screen that says “your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. It gets stuck at 100% so I restart it and automatic repair begins. Everything I try besides restarting the laptop brings me back to the...